looking for opinions on cross body bags!

cherrifoam

O.G.
Sep 4, 2010
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've purchased any LV, Hubby and I purchased a house in the fall and any extra funds have gone towards home improvements as of late haha. But, I'm itching for a new cross body piece this spring. Here are a few I'm considering. I wanted opinions on if you have any of these bags, what do you like/not like about them..... if you have any pics, please post below!
-twice
-south bank besace ( i think this is the biggest one of all the cross bodies I'm considering)
- Favorite MM
- Lorette
-Camera bag ( ugh not sure the exact name of this one, its not out yet, but its the same size/shape of the gucci disco, I've seen photos of it floating around on here)

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've purchased any LV, Hubby and I purchased a house in the fall and any extra funds have gone towards home improvements as of late haha. But, I'm itching for a new cross body piece this spring. Here are a few I'm considering. I wanted opinions on if you have any of these bags, what do you like/not like about them..... if you have any pics, please post below!
-twice
-south bank besace ( i think this is the biggest one of all the cross bodies I'm considering)
- Favorite MM
- Lorette
-Camera bag ( ugh not sure the exact name of this one, its not out yet, but its the same size/shape of the gucci disco, I've seen photos of it floating around on here)
I have the Favorite MM in monogram and love it (date code was 3rd week of January in 2018)
Also almost purchased Gucci mini camera Marmont in the beige leather for spring. It is stunning! Although it’s small it fits more than you think. I fit iPhone 6, LV Keys cles, sunglasses, compact and lipstick.

Reactions: cherrifoam
I had the favorite mm and sold it. Didn’t like the magnet closure. Made me feel like the flap was always askew. Also, the flap developed “waves” so I got rid of it before the waves looked noticeably worse.

I recommend the croisette. It’s beautiful, more so than the ones you mentioned. It can go from day to night. The only drawback is that unless you have the bag fully packed the clasp is hard to close. But, it’s not a huge issue since the bag is not that big. You’ll easily be able to fill it up.

Also, I don’t like flat/segmented bags like the twice and lorette (or the Celine trio, for that matter). When they are filled up they don’t look very refined. They don’t seem to hold much without getting that bulging look.

The south bank is too casual....don’t think the strap is detachable.....it’d be nice to have a day to evening cross body right? And the camera bag is.....just that. A camera bag. (with a tassel, which will probably get curled up....ugh...)

So.....the croisette in de or azur (esp azur) would be perfect for summer. Lays very nice against the body.

I love the twice, the south bank looked horrible on me just blah. Went in thinking I’d love it but left without it. My favorite crossbody bag is PM. I’m a male and even with my Canada goose the Pm is like perfect for me, as the strap can sometimes feel to short. Is the PM an option for you?

Attachments

• 29AA19B5-E949-4EB9-8019-EEC5ECB80BB2.jpeg
    29AA19B5-E949-4EB9-8019-EEC5ECB80BB2.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,303
I have the Favorite MM in DE. It was my second bag and the first I purchased myself. I absolutely adore it!

I like that you can wear in many ways. I think it can be a casual bag but also can be used in formal settings. I've taken it to my company's yearly holiday party. A lot of people have issues with the flap getting wavy, but I haven't had that issue yet and the bag is over a year old. You can also fit a fair amount of stuff in it - I've had a Victorine Wallet, Cles, mini hairbrush, Pixel 2 XL, sunglasses (Ray Bans in their case) and keys all inside without bulging. I don't like to over pack because I try not to let my bags bulge.

For reference, I'm about 5'. It's a little image heavy, sorry!

52c675063b0d83b8caeac038ec508826.png
a0e13c268a2d6d5bf9fb4bddedb4b521.png

57131f2f8582b6461e12feef9d0f24ed.png
7e70d6043129101ae1353bd73913cab7.png

fd74c7b41462c3ea8e360f4d8e471e0f.png
e20536ca0f570ac37bc281f03dcefbd1.png

I have the Favorite MM in DE. It was my second bag and the first I purchased myself. I absolutely adore it!

I like that you can wear in many ways. I think it can be a casual bag but also can be used in formal settings. I've taken it to my company's yearly holiday party. A lot of people have issues with the flap getting wavy, but I haven't had that issue yet and the bag is over a year old. You can also fit a fair amount of stuff in it - I've had a Victorine Wallet, Cles, mini hairbrush, Pixel 2 XL, sunglasses (Ray Bans in their case) and keys all inside without bulging. I don't like to over pack because I try not to let my bags bulge.

For reference, I'm about 5'. It's a little image heavy, sorry!

52c675063b0d83b8caeac038ec508826.png
a0e13c268a2d6d5bf9fb4bddedb4b521.png

57131f2f8582b6461e12feef9d0f24ed.png
7e70d6043129101ae1353bd73913cab7.png

fd74c7b41462c3ea8e360f4d8e471e0f.png
e20536ca0f570ac37bc281f03dcefbd1.png

I’m 5’2” I love my lorette. The size is great! It IMG_2830.jpgcan hold a little or expand to hold a lot. Also, it comes with the cutest pink luggage tag that adds a pop of color and you can use it on many other bags.

I agree with @ddchicago85, the Pochette Metis is an amazing cross-body! I love mine (Marine Rouge Empreinte) and it would be my first recommendation to someone wanting a cross-body bag from LV.

From looking at your list, I don't currently have any of the ones you mentioned but I've been closely following the Saintonge (the new camera bag that's launching on March 30 in the US in three colors, I believe) and have asked my SA to reserve one for me (in noir!).

The only cons I see from the Saintonge are: a) the strap is not detachable and b) the strap is not adjustable. If you can live with those two things, then I'd say it could be a great choice, depending on your lifestyle. Personally, I've found that I prefer hands-free bags (especially crossbody bags) with just enough to fit the essentials as I don't like it when my bags get heavy so I'm really hoping the Saintonge will check those boxes. :smile: I actually have the Signet bag from J. Crew, which is a very close dupe for the Gucci Soho Disco and its measurements are very similar to the Saintonge. The Signet bag fits so much and it's so easy to wear; I love it but I really want a camera bag from LV (because who can deny the allure of LV???), which is why I'm going to try the Saintonge.

I do recommend the favourite mm as you do get a lot space for your money compared to more expensive little bags they have that has less space in comparison plus can transition from looking dressy or casual very easily, can change the long strap to a long chain or just use the short chain it comes with as a shoulder carry.
I also like the new camera bag, Saintonge they have yet to release. Looks promising and especially like the little top handle it has, but big con for me is that it doesn't have adjustable and detachable strap as someone mention above. That's probably what might put me off buying it because I have a feeling it going to hang too long for someone who's below average height. Good luck deciding :smile:

Reactions: cherrifoam