Looking for my FIRST RM!

short_stack

Newest RM Addict
Mar 7, 2008
I have been obsessing over RM bags for a few months now and have decided that I need to give in because the amount of time I spend online is just getting unhealthy, haha. I have decided that I either want a morning after mini or matinee as my new fall bag in a fun color (not brown or black). As a graduate student, however, I am hoping to pay less than retail. Is ebay my best bet since websites no longer honor codes for RM purchases? Or do any of you know websites that still do honor codes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regular codes are gone for good.

Every once in a while, there will be a temporary code that lasts for a weekend or something.

If you are on a budget, I think Ebay is your best bet.

Especially since the Matinee is not being made in the next couple seasons you will be hard-pressed to find any Matinees at our normal go-to RM retailers.

Me too. I am falling in love with RM bag at first sight. If it is ok I buy it even I do not see it or touch it in person before?

I would say you're sort of taking a risk if you've never seen it IRL. I had never seen the Wine MAM in person before, but I loved all the pictures I saw of it online. So after a while of obsessing for the MAM, I took the plunge and ordered it off of RM.com. However, I loved it immediately when I received the box and unwrapped it. So I guess I was lucky in my case.

If you're going to purchase from an online store, I'd make sure they have a good return policy, just in case you're not sure you'll love the bag immediately.

I think ebay is definitely your best bet! I'm a grad student too, so I know about conserving money (lame!) The best part about ebay is that not only can you find some good deals, but a lot of times you find older and unique colors. :smile: I hope you find the perfect bag, and don't forget to show us all when she arrives!

I ordered my first RM online without ever having seen ANY IRL - and still haven't except for my own. It was the MAM deep purple and I only had the pics from luna boston to go from, so I took the plunge and I love love love her (thank goodness :smile: ) !
If you're really particular about the type of leather - the feel, pebbled/ smooth, matching panels, the weight - then you'd best do a bit of in-store research or order online from a place that accepts returns, exchanges and refunds and of course ask other girls on the forum about their bags and their review. And if you buy one from ebay and aren't happy, you could always sell it back there and keep searching for the perfect one!