Looking for My First Balenciaga

Would you buy a Balenciaga City without the mirror but with the strap included? Condition is great/very good but it's missing the mirror. Not that I use a mirror very often, but for the money paid, I'd expect it to have all the accessories. No dustbag either.
HA! .. I’m with you on that .. it really bugs the hell out of me when things are missing, especially the mirror!!! Well, the strap too!! Especially if you’re paying a fair amount, then it’s gotta have the goods!

I personally wasn’t a fan of the Vélo because it kept on smacking my hip (I wore it cross-body), but as far as fitting all my work stuff in, it was a much better choice than the City.

• Love
Reactions: andral5
Ahhhh, my thoughts exactly!!

Indeed, I could go out during the pandemic lockdown with only a Rebecca Minkoff Love (not the small) because we weren't going anywhere far or for a long time. But now, after not getting out of the RM Love for more than a year and a half, I'd rather put her on a well-deserved break and go back to how I'm used to going out, with things that I (might) need in my bag. I don't like to need something that I could've had with me but because of the small bag I don't. I almost panic when something like this happens :biggrin: Besides, the superb red Love needs a looong break to let her sisters come with me as we (me and my bags LOL) used to do before 2020 - rotating bags.

So, I guess the beautiful eggplant and raisin Firsts can go to other loving homes. It was difficult for me to decide anyway. ;)
I like to have enough room that I can add stuff to my bag if I'm shopping for small stuff. Or picking up the mail. Or need to pack a small umbrella. Or carry my water bottle and meds. Lots of reasons for more room.

• Love
I like to have enough room that I can add stuff to my bag if I'm shopping for small stuff. Or picking up the mail. Or need to pack a small umbrella. Or carry my water bottle and meds. Lots of reasons for more room.
Yessss!! Same here. Btw, since the City has only 1 interior pocket, what type of organizers do you use for it? Like small pouches, maybe? Or pretty little drawstring bags? If I place my meds inside that one pocket (where I usually keep a few make-up things for fast touchups), it may get lost inside. And, unfortunately, my meds need to be easily found by anyone else if I'm not able to (such as my children for example), and they also might get lost inside the pocket LOL. So, maybe I'll look for some small, transparent pouch.

Yessss!! Same here. Btw, since the City has only 1 interior pocket, what type of organizers do you use for it? Like small pouches, maybe? Or pretty little drawstring bags? If I place my meds inside that one pocket (where I usually keep a few make-up things for fast touchups), it may get lost inside. And, unfortunately, my meds need to be easily found by anyone else if I'm not able to (such as my children for example), and they also might get lost inside the pocket LOL. So, maybe I'll look for some small, transparent pouch.
I don't carry the City but there's also a zipped pocket inside. It's not a tough bag to find stuff in because it's quite shallow.

I don't carry the City but there's also a zipped pocket inside. It's not a tough bag to find stuff in because it's quite shallow.
Yup, that's where I keep my few makeup thingies and the meds could get lost inside that pocket among those. I'll see what I can find.
So you usually carry a bigger bag... Hmmm, I need to reconsider what I should get next. I want Bbags for now. All my others are nicely stored in dustbags in the closet.

Yup, that's where I keep my few makeup thingies and the meds could get lost inside that pocket among those. I'll see what I can find.
So you usually carry a bigger bag... Hmmm, I need to reconsider what I should get next. I want Bbags for now. All my others are nicely stored in dustbags in the closet.
The City is big enough for most people depending on how you like to carry your bags. I'm strictly shoulder carry and the City, IMO, wasn't built for that.

Yes the inner pocket is my "safety" pocket: spare contact lense, migraine med & asthma/eczema med. And nail file!

Reactions: fayden
Wow why? I love carrying my city on the shoulder. It’s perfect for me but I’m 4 11” tiny.
Only my opinion, but the bag is too east/west to carry consistently on the shoulder without cracking the sealant along the top edge. As it softens the bag kind of scrunches towards the centre as the slouch develops. Not the end of the world and lots of people shoulder carry it. It just never worked for me personally. Every now and then I buy one only to resell it. I like a bit more depth in my bags which is why the Velo works so well for me.

Reactions: viewwing
Only my opinion, but the bag is too east/west to carry consistently on the shoulder without cracking the sealant along the top edge. As it softens the bag kind of scrunches towards the centre as the slouch develops. Not the end of the world and lots of people shoulder carry it. It just never worked for me personally. Every now and then I buy one only to resell it. I like a bit more depth in my bags which is why the Velo works so well for me.
Haha! :biggrin: I’m the total opposite of you. I can’t find anything in the Velo and I have tons of citys and part times.. Hmm...thank goodness none of the sealant on my bags have cracked And I use them quite often.

@muchstuff @andral5 Here you go! I typically don't carry a lot of stuff with me and there's room to spare even after I place my iPhone 12 Pro in it. I'm 4 feet 11 inches tall for reference. I switch out a lot of the straps for longer ones.View attachment 5389652View attachment 5389653

View attachment 5389645View attachment 5389646View attachment 5389648View attachment 5389650
You look amazing with the First worn crossbody! That emerald First (wait, is it emerald?) is beautiful!

Reactions: fayden
I love the Velo, but then I'm crazy for crossbody. I agree with you on the City. It's difficult to wear on the shoulder, but I have about 10 of them so I guess it's not a huge deterrent for me.

Reactions: muchstuff