Looking for Mandarin epi?

I love mandarin, our LV boutique here has the Jasmin in Mandarin, been thinking about it...but delaying it. my friend insist that I get the red instead.

you mean the mandarin color will be discontinued already?

My mandarin speedy arrived, but its damaged. I was so sad:crybaby: I can't believe they didn't notice the damage before they shipped it out. There's a 1" pen mark, and the leather piping is torn in 3 places where the mandarin color is peeled off. 866-vuitton located another one, but the store said it was damaged. I then got a call back saying they located another one, and it's being shipped to my local LV store for inspection. I can then make the trade. I hope that ones in nice shape. The bummer is I payed for over night shipping, and the replacement bag was sent ground. They said I might have it by Wednesday. Does the piping on the epi's tear easily? I swear my luck hasn't been great lately.

Gosh, I'm sorry that happened to you! That's why I am so uneasy with ordering over the phone now. The same thing happened to me with my Indigo Bedford. They sent me a damaged and defective one. I think the best way to order is to either order directly from an SA you trust at the store or have your local LV transfer it in for you(that way it can be inspected prior to purchase.:yes:)

As for the piping on the Epi bags, I don't think they tear easily. I just suspect that you were sold a defective/returned bag that the store failed to pull and send back. They never should have sold it to you.:sad:

Pupsterpurse thanks for your post. This was the first time I ordered over the phone, I just hope the new one they're sending is ok. You might be right, it could have been used. They must of scraped it against something to tear the leather, but whats with the ink mark. I wonder what happens to the bag after I return it.

Pupsterpurse thanks for your post. This was the first time I ordered over the phone, I just hope the new one they're sending is ok. You might be right, it could have been used. They must of scraped it against something to tear the leather, but whats with the ink mark. I wonder what happens to the bag after I return it.

When I brought the defective/damaged Indigo to my local LV, my SA said it was clearly defective and should not have been sold to me at all. She was going to pull it and return it(don't remember exactly where--I guess return to LV to be destroyed or maybe these damaged bags are offered to the staff at discount??? I don't know.:confused1:) I was told that apparently a lot of these discontinued pieces that are still avail(esp older pieces) are returns(for some reason or another) and they aren't always in the best shape. I'm sure the new one you get will be in good shape since it's being sent to the store near you first for inspection. Just be sure to look over it carefully. :yes: