Looking for Korean translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madea25

Sep 25, 2013
Hello everyone,

I plan to go to seoul this summer for cosmetic work, but the clinic I want to go to seems to not have any english translators (I'm from America).

What should I do? Should I higher a translator? If so, what is the best way to go about with this. Also, does anyone know the average price to higher a translator and where to find one in seoul.

Thanks!

-Madea25

umm before you decide to go to it, you should make sure your surgeon is proficient in english. If not move on. Surgery is subjective and you do not want something attempting to translate your needs to a surgeon esp when you do not know how accurate they are. There's plent of skilled surgeons in Seoul who can speak fluent English.

umm before you decide to go to it, you should make sure your surgeon is proficient in english. If not move on. Surgery is subjective and you do not want something attempting to translate your needs to a surgeon esp when you do not know how accurate they are. There's plent of skilled surgeons in Seoul who can speak fluent English.

Agreed, surgeon is the single most important factor.

You will be okay without a translator, however, if you have the money, you should, it makes everything easier.

yar surgeon is the most important. Make sure he speaks english. Do not rely on translators when it comes to translating your needs to your surgeon. Especially if yours is a complicated revision case.

If you can speak chinese don't bother hiring a translator. Just about every clinic has chinese translators there who speak fluent chinese. Like native level chinese. even better than mine LOL

Just so you get an idea, i went 5 different consultations last oct/nov. 4 of those clinics had surgeons who were fluent in english. 1 of them had a surgeon who speaks some english.

i don't speak a word of korean but i got around just fine. Here's a good guide:

a) To get to and from your clinic for consultations, get the hotel staff to write the address of both your hotel and the clinic in korean and show it to the taxi driver. Or use gps if u are staying in gangnam and can be bothered walking

b) , e-mail the clinics you are visiting a few weeks in advance and call them again a few days before your flight to remind them you need the translator on site. Some clinics only have english translators on certain days OR only have their translator on shift should foreign patients be arriving.

c) do not go to a surgeon that isn't proficient in english.

Translator is only useful to be honest if you do not have someone caring for you post op. So you get the translator to run errands for u. Food etc.

Reactions: Snowliss
Hi everyone

I need some help here.
I have booked my flight and consultations and the last thing I need to a Korean translator who can actually accompany me for about 1 or 2 days and can help me bargain and cut cost.
If you have any Korean friends who can speak either English or Mandarin please pm me with the rates! Or anyone has any recommendations let me know! your help will great appreciated!
Thank you so much.

Hi guys,
I'll have a consultation at Dream, Wonjin, JW and April31 in september.
I'm considering hiring a Korean translator for consultations and operation day. However, some member said that most of clinics had its English translator, and if you walked in with a translator, you'd be charged twice as much as the real price

Do you guys have any experience about hiring a translator in Seoul? Any advice please?

Thank you in advance!

Hi guys,
I'll have a consultation at Dream, Wonjin, JW and April31 in september.
I'm considering hiring a Korean translator for consultations and operation day. However, some member said that most of clinics had its English translator, and if you walked in with a translator, you'd be charged twice as much as the real price

Do you guys have any experience about hiring a translator in Seoul? Any advice please?

Thank you in advance!
completely unnecessary. its just going to be a blatant waste of money. While having english speaking staff at the clinic is a plus, what is of the utmost importance is having english speaking surgeons. The clinics you mentioned have surgeons who are proficient in english. The surgeons at those clinics are after all, highly educated. You also do not want to go to a surgeon who cannot speak english well. Language is subjective. Beauty is subjective. Therefore relying on a translator to interpret your ideals and expect them to convey it according to your subjectivity is very unreliable. I mean what are your concern which lead you to want to hire a translator?

completely unnecessary. its just going to be a blatant waste of money. While having english speaking staff at the clinic is a plus, what is of the utmost importance is having english speaking surgeons. The clinics you mentioned have surgeons who are proficient in english. The surgeons at those clinics are after all, highly educated. You also do not want to go to a surgeon who cannot speak english well. Language is subjective. Beauty is subjective. Therefore relying on a translator to interpret your ideals and expect them to convey it according to your subjectivity is very unreliable. I mean what are your concern which lead you to want to hire a translator?
Hey. I've noticed you reply to every Korean related PS thread and over 700 replies in 6-7 months, that must be a record. Do you mind me asking are you a surgeon or have you had lots and lots of surgery in Korea?

Hey. I've noticed you reply to every Korean related PS thread and over 700 replies in 6-7 months, that must be a record. Do you mind me asking are you a surgeon or have you had lots and lots of surgery in Korea?
just a plastic surgery junkie lol. I check the forums often and if i so happen to have an answer to a question based on my experience i try to help out

Reactions: MichaelaMonroe
Status
Not open for further replies.