Looking for info on this vintage Loewe evening bag.

hellinahandbag

May 12, 2007
I have been looking everywhere for information on this vintage Loewe handbag. It is in fantastic condition, in fact, the outside is nearly immaculate. It is about 8" wide and 7" high. It has beautiful little marcasite flowers along the top goldtone closure. It has a small mirror tucked inside. The tag says "Loewe, Made in Spain".
Does anyone have a clue how old this might be? I paid $4 for it at a church sale and I suspect I may have done well...but I'm not sure as I can't find anything similar anywhere!
Thanks for any help you can offer! (pics below)
loewepurse.jpg

loewemarcasites_best.jpg

loeweinside.jpg

loewetag.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Thanks for the link iwantthatpurse. I had seen that one in my google-fest yesterday.
Funniest thing about the sale was that I was holding a Prada messenger bag. The woman approached me and said I don't know why they put $5 on that bag...you can have it for $2. I asked about the Loewe and she said "oh that?...No...I can't come down on that one...it's WORTH $4". Needless to say, I took both.
Was a great day!
Someone on another board suggested that I should contact Loewe directly because they had some sort of archive going. Do you think I could find email contact info? No way. Just phone and actual location, neither of which is feasible.