Looking for eyeglasses style advice

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello!

I didn’t know where to post this, please let me know if there’s a more suitable subforum.

I’m looking to get my first eyeglasses and looking for advice. I understand it all depends on face shape and personal preference, but generally, which is more timeless in terms of shape and frame. My face is long oval.

Advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello!

I didn’t know where to post this, please let me know if there’s a more suitable subforum.

I’m looking to get my first eyeglasses and looking for advice. I understand it all depends on face shape and personal preference, but generally, which is more timeless in terms of shape and frame. My face is long oval.

I am interested in Chanel ones :smile:

Advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

I say go to a place that sells the Chanel eyeglasses and try on! How thick your lenses need to be will influence the size of frame you can choose. I'm guessing you won't need super thick lenses though if these are your first eyeglasses, so at least that gives more options. Think about if you prefer plastic vs. metal with nosepads. Think about what color you like, brown/tortoise or black might be most versatile, black might look too harsh on some skin tones. But it can be fun to do a color too.

I usually get a plastic frame and I have to choose a small one as I have a very high prescription, so the smaller the frame the thinner the lenses can be. The last pair I got is burgundy, I do find them pretty versatile but I mostly am just wearing them at home anyway as I wear contacts during the day.

I wouldn't spend any money on Chanel glasses. Those are made by Luxottica. I won't buy anything made by Luxottica, Marcolin, or Safilo. Total rip off. If I'm spending any money on eyeglasses, that money is going to an eyewear maker that is far more exclusive.

As for "which is more timeless in terms of shape and frame", which what exactly? Such a question would indicate that you're asking us to choose from among some options that we've been given, and you haven't given us any.

Also, do you have any idea what lens and bridge size usually work for you? I think measurements are probably necessary for people to give decent recommendations.

Last edited: