Looking for Bottega Info

mamoose220

Mar 19, 2010
Looking for Bottega Info
Hello, I am trying to find out if a bag I have is an authentic bag. This is my first post and I tried to upload some photos but they wouldn't go through, they exceeded the size?? I would like to add the photos any help??
So I will explain the bag the best I can.
First it was given to my mother she thinks @ the early 80's, it is a weaved grey leather very soft, it has a very long strap and thin as well.
The name on the inside reads( La Bottega di Scarabeo FIRENZE.)
The inside of the bag (lining ) is not leather but rather some sort of shiney fabric that has flaked off in areas. Snaps say (nuova capica) & to close you have to pull down a goldtone tab and insert a clip? release and it is locks in place.

When I look up Bottega bags the nameplates or tags are much different so I would like to know if anyone knows if this is from the same line as the ones today and is it authentic. I would appreciate any help.

My apoligies for my ignorance on the uploading.
Many thanks, V-

By virtue of the text on your tag, it is not a Bottega Veneta handbag, but rather from the workshop/studio of Scarabeo in Florence (Firenze). If you have ever been to Florence, you will find many leather goods and manufacturers. I do not know this one. If is is a vintage bag and made in the 80's it is probably a real leather bag from the workshop of Scarabeo. The counterfeiters go after high end, well know names, rather than small workshops in my experience. Just enjoy your bag for the fun and beauty of it.

Thank you very much, my mother and I were so curious and when we saw the prices of the Bottega bags we didn't think it was the same but wanted to check. I will enjoy it thank you. It has a lovely weave like the one pictured in the reply. Thank you again I really appreciate it.

V-