Looking for body scrubs w/ glycolic acid

e_nmn_m

O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I used to use Aqua Glycolic's Body Scrub, but the product has been discontinued for some time. Basically, it had about 8 ingredients and was like washing your skin with sand. No fragrance, cleanser, nothing. It sounds painful, unless your legs look like snakeskin. Anyway, I haven't been able to find anything like it. Have you seen something like this? Or, if I were to make my own sugar scrub (that's where the glycolic acid comes from, right?) how often do I need to make it so it doesn't grow bacteria?

Thanks.

MD formulations makes a great face & body exfoliating scrub. It tingles a bit so I think it contains glycolic but I have to double check when I get home. Google it though. You should be able to find info on it.

Paula's Choice Skin revealing body lotion has 10 % glycolic acid in it. I also love her Weightless body treatment with 2% salicylic acid. Both make my skin supersoft, though I prefer the last one because of a nicer consistency and smell. Her stuff is all non irritating and frangrance free. I actually use these body treatments on my face without irritation (and I have sensitive skin).

It's so funny you should mention this, because last week I phoned Paula's Choice and had them send me free samples of the weightless body treatment! I concur, it works. However, it's kind of pricey...this is on my short list, but I am still looking. I am definitely sold on her salicylic face astringent, however!

I have a question about a body scrub with glycolic: Does that make sense from an application perspective? I ask because a scrub exfoliant is used to slough off cells (not left on skin) but the glycolic/lactic compounds I've used are designed to be massaged into and left on the skin for a while so they're absorbed. I guess I'm curious if having the acid in a quick polish scrub would be well-absorbed? As opposed to a leave-on product...

Well, if it answers your question, the scrub that I liked so much was discontinued...

I'm thinking, if I massage the glycolic acid onto my legs, then the skin will slowly flake off...everywhere. Ick! This is why I liked the scrub, I liked the idea of the skin just going down the drain.