Looking for bag similar to Marc Jacobs STAM

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
Anyone know of a handbag that is similar in style to the Marc Jacobs STAM? Can't afford the STAM right now, but would be happy to settle on another designer...

I love the frame, kisslock, wide opening and the convertible handle/shoulder strap features. My only requirement is that it be a leather handbag and large sized (not a dainty "kelly" bag).

TIA, hope someone can help me with this one... been looking for a long time now, see link below

MARC JACOBS STAM

Hi thithi, I'm looking to spend $200-$400 at the most. I don't think I've seen Stams much lower than $550 but I'll keep looking out for them. I'm not too keen on having to buy an inspired version of it as there are so many on eBay...just looking for a quality frame bag that's large enough for my needs. I've seen a couple on Zappos/eBags, but they don't fit the bill (PVC or size is too small)

I see some Coach Parker/Ergo bags that have the kisslock closure and handles.... comes in lots of colors and leather finishes.

31nJStgT0FL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

oh right, I came across the Coach last night! Thanks for your help. It comes close but I need a lot more space.

I remembered I wanted a Roxbury Unati but it doesn't have that retro kisslock. I can't believe I let one go several months ago at TJ Maxx. I hate that. :P The Roxbury bag opens up pretty wide like the Stam, so it's that basic look.

I'm open to any other suggestions, thank you!

Attachments

• unati-PL8192-GR.jpg
    unati-PL8192-GR.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 258
Anyone know of a handbag that is similar in style to the Marc Jacobs STAM? Can't afford the STAM right now, but would be happy to settle on another designer...

I love the frame, kisslock, wide opening and the convertible handle/shoulder strap features. My only requirement is that it be a leather handbag and large sized (not a dainty "kelly" bag).

TIA, hope someone can help me with this one... been looking for a long time now, see link below

MARC JACOBS STAM

I'm glad I found you're thread! I had the same question. I Hope yo get more responses.

I don't think I have ever seen a similar bag to the stam (besides knock offs). I bought a used stam on bonanzle from a Pfer for less than $400. It needed a little TLC, but it looks great now. I also found a new stam (the yellow in my avatar) with tags still attached on a consignment website for $600. Deals are out there, you just have to be patient!

Thanks Loquita, I remember you from the purge thread!

I was willing to concede on some of the more Stam-ish details. I realized the Steve Madden rolled handles and the silhouette made a very acceptable alternative at this time.

I'll post similar designs whenever I see them ... :smile:

Attachments

• stevemaddenruffle.jpg
    stevemaddenruffle.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 232