looking for bag in this style, but slightly less expensive.

Sep 28, 2006
i'm looking for a bag in these styles:

Coach+Madison+Sabrina.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AEYucWTGL...wk/rr-ip6PREyQ/s400/Coach+Madison+Sabrina.jpg

marc-by-marc-jacobs-dr-q-groovee.jpg

http://www.purseblog.com/images/marc-by-marc-jacobs-dr-q-groovee.jpg

i'm not a handbag connoisseur so excuse my possible ignorance. my boyfriend is buying me a new bag for christmas and i really really love this style (satchel?) where there are the shorter handles for carrying the bag on the arm, and the slightly longer strap for carrying on the shoulder (but not in a crossbody style). but these two bags are a bit out of the price range i'm looking for.

i'm hoping to find one in the range of more like between 150-250$. leather, and preferably black.

help?

You can buy Rebecca Minkoff MAB's (Morning After Bag) or the mini version which is a great everyday satchel with optional shoulder strap on the secondhand market for pretty reasonable prices too. Averaging about $200-$300.

invadersads, you have hit upon my absolute favorite style of purse. I have several Coach Sabrinas (like the mustard yellow purse you posted), so I highly recommend them. You could probably get one on ebay for the budget you are working with.

Have you tried the MJ Groovee in person? I like the style very much, but I have two major problems with that particular bag. 1. The shoulder strap attaches to the bag at a weird spot (kind of too low down) and it makes the bag not hang on my shoulder right - kind of wobbly and tippy because the center of gravity is too high because the strap attaches too low down on the bag KWIM? 2. The lining is really , really crazy!

Lately, I have been seeing Tiganello satchels with shoulder straps at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. They come in very nice colors, and I think they even have a discreet outside slip pocket. Price: less than $130

Good luck finding just what you want!

If you visit zappos.com or ebags.com and type in the keywords for "convertible satchel" you will probably come up with a huge amount of bags for your perusal.

If you can swing the extra $$, you won't regret the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. Gorgeous leather.

If you don't have a Coach outlet around you to get the bag that looks the most similar to the ones you've posted (I have no idea the name of the bags, but I've seen that/very similar ones at the outlets within your budget) I'd suggest getting one of The Sak bags. You can see tons of photos in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/my-cheap-thrill-inspired-by-miley-cyrus-p-339829.html I have one almost exactly like the original poster has in that thread, it's lasted me for about 2 years now, and I was able to find it at DSW for $150, and they come in a huge variety of colors. The bag has a great handle to carry in on the arm, and I think that the shoulder strap is also a great length, it doesn't hit me too low on my side. Happy shopping! :smile: