Looking for an eyeliner that actually stays put

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I really, really need an absolute, no smudge black pencil eyeliner for work. I work in humid conditions.

I've tried only a few, like Rimmel which is by far the worst i've used. It glides on great, but it smudges an hour into my shift. I've also tried a Maybelline one that wasn't so forgiving either.

Hopefully on the cheap side too, i'm a poor uni student saving up for a Botkier Sasha.

Thanks a lot.

2. I absolutely need to use Urban Decay Potion Primer to keep any and all eye make-up from smudging and disappearing. It really does work miracles for me. I like to use a brown shade eye shaddow as my liner. When I use the primer both eye liner and shaddows don't move one bit and I think the color shows better. I highly recommend it!! I think it is $14 for a tube and you only need a little bit so it lasts awhile.

Hope you find something that will work for you!!

3. does anyone tried the gel eyeliner? I know Bobbi Brown and MAC have it in different colors.

4. it's not a pencil, but the dior liquid eyeliner pen stays in place really, really well.

5. Fluid-line By Mac... Brilliant :tup:

6. MAC paint is a wonderful base as well, I use canvas, and all powders stay on.

7. I use Urban Decay primer potion on my lids and then I apply MAC Technakohl liner in black. I really like the technakohl because it doesn't smudge or come off and it goes on really smooth. If I don't take it off with makeup remover it stays on for days.

8. It's not a pencil, but MAC Fluidline is fantastic.

9. If you really want an eyeliner that doesn't smudge or melt off in humid weather, I highly suggest going with a liquid liner. I use waterproof eyeliner by Make Up For Ever, or the Very Long-Lasting Pinceau by Bourjois (both found at Sephora). They work great! No ugly smudges, even when the rest of my face is melting off. The other eyeliner I used for a couple of years that's not waterproof, but is pretty smudge-proof/run-proof is Chanel's Automatic Liquid Eyeliner.

10. the bobbi brown gel liner rocks!!! as far as pencils go... the urban decay 24/7 are awesome!

11. urban decay 24/7 is what i use... and i have to use eye-makeup remover to get it out too. love the stuff!

12. yes yes and YES

13. Ditto!!

14. I agree!

15. Do liquid liners look very dramatic? I'm thinking Audrey Hepburn eyes here, and I don't think I could show up to work looking like that. I work in a coffee shop as a simple barista :smile:.

I'm guessing the Primer keeps everything on? In that case, I might get more value for money with that one.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.