Looking for a versatile beach bag/possible carry-on

For a casual tote and beach bag I always go with my canvas monogrammed L.L. Bean "Boat and Tote" bag. I like the medium and large sizes with longer handles and a zip top. Classic and very durable, I can totally abuse it and it holds up nicely.

I would never bring LV to the beach but thats just me. In my humble opinion, LV is artwork that shouldn't be put at risk by sand, ocean water and playing children. Not to mention beer spills and party fouls.

I'd recommend going with something like LL Bean or if you want something higher end check out Helen Kaminski's Lucrene Tote - its a perfect made-for-summer straw tote, perfect for the beach. Breezy and roomy, with that designer flair, you'll look great AND feel great.

OK I'm starting to sound like an ad now but you have to be careful when choosing which bag to take to the ocean. You don't want to look like you're trying to hard but you dont want to look like the average soccer mom either. Thats why I recommend the Kaminski - it's that dash of style without being too showy or risky.

You can check out the bag's features here to see if you like it
Helen Kaminski Beach Tote
Let me know what you think

i don't bring anything expensive with me to the beach because i'm afraid of someone stealing it (I had my hermes garden party stolen when I was sitting at starbucks a few years ago)
i use a j crew woven tote with a cute lil flower on it =)

I'd recommend going with something like LL Bean or if you want something higher end check out Helen Kaminski's Lucrene Tote - its a perfect made-for-summer straw tote, perfect for the beach. Breezy and roomy, with that designer flair, you'll look great AND feel great.

You can check out the bag's features here to see if you like it
Helen Kaminski Beach Tote
Let me know what you think

This is lovely, but still think the Longchamp Pliage might be a better bet!

I have a pucci beachbag made for the beach- its towelling material and inside is like smooth leather type I just thoriw it in the washing machine if it gets dirty- and the print is nt soo known that ppl recognize it as a desginer bag

I couldn't find a name on the tag, but I saw an oversized, multi-coloured nylon Versace bag at TJ's that would be perfect for the beach. It was either $299 or $399 there. I tried googling it but maybe someone here knows which one I'm talking about, I'm not too familiar with Versace.