Looking for a perfect Coach bag for laptop

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
Hi .. does anyone have the perfect one for their laptop ??
one that will safely protect the laptop as it gets lugged around everyday .

thinking of getting one as a gift for the coming school year for a very very good friend...
(I am thinking black but am open to all suggestions !!!!!)

thanks.

i thought of that before I posted... but since its for a friend.. i thought
you guys might have some general choices ...

i think the laptop size is about 17in (or a bit bigger)??
2 handles ...
no backpack style ...maybe tote style ??

no sure what other info to add... you gals / guys here have all the info ...
that why i love it here.

Last edited:
There is only one laptop bag style I have found that fits a 17" laptop, it's the Varyk nylon business laptop bag with double zippers along the top for the laptop section and other pockets, front zipper and back one with a shoulder strap. Most Coach bags don't tend to be designed around the larger laptop sizes.

Actually I bought my Gigi with the intention of using it to carry my laptop and other items around when traveling. But I have found that it gets too heavy after just one trip.

I have the Penelope Op Art Travel Satchel, which I use as a messenger bag. I am a school teacher, so this bag fits all of my papers and books wonderfully. Plus, it has a couple of other pockets where you can stash smaller items. I think it is extremely functional, because you can use it for work and/or travel.

a madison magazine tote would fit my laptop, but i don't think a purse offers that much protection (i use my bags to house my laptop when i travel or need to transport it, but i don't think they are all that protected, just out of my hands which is all i'm looking for)...i know coach does make laptop covers (i think they are like $40 at the outlet), maybe you could get her one of those?

Did you see baglady39 thread about her new Heritage briefcase. I have it black and it is Fab and very roomy. It brings the Legacy Strip Laptop cover as part of the briefcase.

I have a Signature Stripe Baby Bag that I use for my ALMOST 17" widescreen laptop. Snug fit aside, the inside pockets are perfect for holding my adapter, mouse, etc.