Looking for a particular kind of handbag - Please help?

joseybird

Nov 11, 2012
For ages I carried a large purse that had three main compartments - a zippered middle compartment and two open side compartment. I loved that bag but it's long out of production and the brand has since gone upscale.

I'm looking for an affordable (~$100 or less) purse with this configuration. I love the Coach Brooklyn and Mercer bags but they're way out of my price range. I've gone to several large stores and have found nothing in my price range (and extremely few even out of my price range).

I also need the bag to be relatively durable, appropriate to a generally formal office environment, and have a shoulder strap.

Any ideas? I have no idea if this purse configuration has a term associated with it so I can't even search on Google :/ Thanks!

Amazona

Crazy bird lady
Mar 31, 2013
Finland
You might want to look into Teddy Blake, Dagne Dover and Gigi New York. All of them have alot of different styles and if I rem correctly, one that's like the one you described.

joseybird

Nov 11, 2012
You might want to look into Teddy Blake, Dagne Dover and Gigi New York. All of them have alot of different styles and if I rem correctly, one that's like the one you described.
Thanks! I checked them out, but the bags are either out of my price range, not the style I'm looking for, or the site won't let me enter/sign up (the Teddy Blake site).

This is tough! :sad: I've literally bought one handbag in my life (the

Reactions: LadyAnne
Sep 26, 2009
Hello JoseyBird,

What about these:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/guess-huntley-cali-medium-satchel?ID=2821724&CategoryID=26846#fn=BRAND=Giani Bernini;;GUESS&sp=1&spc=31&slotId=13&kws=satchel&searchPass=exactMultiMatch

This one is slightly over budget but I'd wait for a Macy's coupon to come along and bring the price down closer to a hundred dollars. Or sign up for their email and receive %15 off. If you utilize E- bates that is an additional 6% cash back.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/guess-tenley-girlfriend-satchel?ID=2997265&CategoryID=26846#fn=BRAND=Giani Bernini;;GUESS&sp=1&spc=31&slotId=24&kws=satchel&searchPass=exactMultiMatch

This last option in genuine leather doesn't have a shoulder strap but the hardware should allow you to attach a strap.
You can find straps for cheap on Etsy or Ebay.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/giani-bernini-pebble-weave-dome-satchel-only-at-macys?ID=2904477&CategoryID=26846#fn=BRAND=Giani Bernini;;GUESS&sp=1&spc=31&slotId=8&kws=satchel&searchPass=exactMultiMatch

Hope this helps. Good luck finding your bag.

Last edited:

joseybird

Nov 11, 2012
Omg you guys are BRILLIANT! I love seversl of those selections! :nuts::heart: Thank you so much for sll of your help :smile:

RufikPufik

O.G.
Apr 29, 2009
Why don't you try Etsy for a handmade bag that might be in your price range? You might even be able to customize it.

BOWShop

Aug 2, 2017
Options for NEW bags under $100:
1) Season end sales (now!), try Dagne Dover or Tignanello for function & form (designs optimize for this)
2) Ruelala
3) Gilt
4) Overstock