Looking for a laptop

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm trying to get my fiance a laptop for Christmas. He basically needs one to produce music and editing photos. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to stay below $800. Thanks.

2. celerons are cheaper so try that!

3. i sooo def. suggest a mac book from apple.

4. Definitely go Mac if he's going to be doing music production.

5. I have the MacBook and love it, but it's a little over the OP's stated budget of 800 dollars; in this case, though, spending the little extra is well worth it.

But if your BF is very into his computers, and is used to PCs and into the Windows OS, I wouldn't suggest buying him a MacBook. It's difficult for PC 'power-users' to get into Mac OS X.

6. ???
    Intel Celeron is a processor, not a brand name of computer.

7. The Macbook sounds perfect for what you want :yes: If you are still a student I believe you can get a big discount too! It could keep the price lower. Or try looking for refurbished ones.

8. My husband bought be a Mac Book Pro for Christmas and I absolutely love it! I am a former PC user (and still use it at work) and I was able to pick up the Mac in no time at all- it is super user-friendly. Starting at $1099, they are about $300 more than your budget but are perfect for photo editing & music production. In spring 2007, Apple is launching software that will enable your Mac to run either as a PC or Mac, if you are concerned about not being able to run some programs that are unique to PC's.

As frannita mentioned, if you are a student, work at a college or in the higher education field, or are a federal/state employee, you are eligible for a discount from Apple.

Here is a link to the Apple online store if you want to check them out:
    The Apple Store (U.S.) - MacBook