looking for a job........

I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm in business. It seems as if everyone else has nice internships lined up for the summer and I'm the odd one out! Which freaks me out because I NEED an internship this summer or I will NOT get a job next year. I have to get work experience. :sad2:

shu said:
I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm in business. It seems as if everyone else has nice internships lined up for the summer and I'm the odd one out! Which freaks me out because I NEED an internship this summer or I will NOT get a job next year. I have to get work experience. :sad2:

i have the same problem...if i don't work this summer nobody will want to hire me next summer which means i won't be getting a good offer once i graduate.....so much depends on our first summers.....so stressful :sad2:..........i know this girl whose father is a law professor and an appellate lawyer and she has like all these amazing internships lined up......i hope we both find something soon

jc, my girlfriend works at Williams, Colerie, Miller, and Ottley in Wayne, NJ. They get interns for the summer. Try them. I can email her if you like to find out for sure.

JoV said:
jc, my girlfriend works at Williams, Colerie, Miller, and Ottley in Wayne, NJ. They get interns for the summer. Try them. I can email her if you like to find out for sure.

that would be incredible i would love to work in jersey......i hope they're still hiring :biggrin:

jc2239 said:
as many of you know i'm a 1L at a law school in NY right now and i've been looking for a summer internship for the past 2 1/2 months........but nobody seems to want to hire me :sad2:..........it's getting me so down plus it's totally stressing me out..........and i guess i'm starting to panic because it's already march and i stll haven't found a summer internship......was hoping you ladies could help me feel better about myself

Yes pounding the pavement is hard and knowing that your resume may not make it to the right person is even harder. I manage an office and sometimes 2 1/2 months isn't as long as it seems.;)

Remember its not that there isn't an internship for you out there its just that the perfect position hasn't found you yet! I believe everything happens for a reason, take a breath, and keep trying!

It can be tough as a 1L, I had some luck with some school-sponsored job fairs. I also had classmates who worked for professors. I worked for a non-profit legal org, it was a great experience and very solid for my resume, by 2l summer I had 12 offers for summer associate positions. Good luck!

1L is a tough year so hang in there. It gets a little easier during your 2nd and 3rd year. I couldn't find a summer internship at a nice law firm during my 1st year so I ended up working for the PD office. I hate it but at least I have something to show for on my resume. So keep applying and don't forget to apply for your backups such as DA/PD internships. Judicial clerkships look really nice on the resume too! Good luck and I'm sure you'll do well.

Have you heard of this old saying in law school?
"1st year, they (prof) scare you too death."
"2nd year, they work you too death."
"3rd year, they bored you too death."

Irissy said:
Have you heard of this old saying in law school?
"1st year, they (prof) scare you too death."
"2nd year, they work you too death."
"3rd year, they bored you too death."

seems like i've had all three crammed into one year :biggrin:........i'm simultaneously scared/overworked/bored.........but this too shall pass (hopefully)

Good luck! I'm graduating from college in the Spring and am looking for a summer job that'll give me experience 'in the field' as they say. Such a glamorous job...Gypsy Moth Trapper :lol: If I don't get hired for that one I'll have to look at Mosquito control :sick:
I'm sure you'll land an awesome internship

thank u all so much for a reason.......i really hope it turns out that i was turned down by all the other places because i was meant to be somewhere else :worried: