Looking for a great clutch

Perja

Well & truly Plumed
O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I've always been a tote girl but I'm trying to wean myself from attempting to carry my entire house in a handbag, so I'm looking for a clutch...

The one I really like was the one Carrie B. had in the Paris sequence in the two-parter final. Does anyone have any suggestions for something similar, not exceedingly expensive (ie, I'd rather steer away from the $1000 clutches atm :nuts:) ?

Thanks for any advice! :love:

I honestly don't know how much my clutch costs- it was a gift from my husband and I absolutely love it- its the Gucci horsebit convertible clutch in the black monogram material (I am pretty sure that they are still under $1000). It is soo versatile- day into evening, casual and semi-dressy (not black tie).

Is this the clutch?
ep94_carrie_bookstore.jpg

addicted said:
Is this the clutch?
ep94_carrie_bookstore.jpg

There's that one and another which is a vintage Judith Leiber (ie: no hope of finding the real deal but I'd settle for something that's in the same style)

I've seen the Lauren Merkin ones but I'd love to try something with a frame too.

Thanks for the suggestions though! I'll have a good look at them.

Judith Leiber has the most beautiful clutches. However, they are very pricey. If you want something less expensive here are some alternatives. For less dressy clutches:

Marc Jacobs - $395

Michael Kors - $148

Michael Kors - $98

Dressier clutches:

Bloomingdales - $285

Michael Kors - $98

Via Spiga - $150

All of these I found on www.bloomingdales.com

Currently, I have this one:
a_repetto_baguette_a1.jpg

It's my precious... But I want something with a frame. I didn't find anything on teh first LV that was recommended to me.

I am the Clutch queen. I kind of collect them. I probably have over 50. The best clutches I have gotten have been at yard sales!! I get great pieces for $1-3. I guess people buy them for events and never use them again. Ebay is also a great place. I got a vintage Valentino clutch once for $10. Check out some of the unconventional places.
Selena