Looking for a "Floating Diamond" anyone know of one?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know where I could find a very simple diamond ring where its just a single diamond that is just being touched on both sides so it looks like its floating? I've been dreaming about a ring like that and I want the best.

www.ferimosh.ca/float1.jpg

this is kind of what I'm looking for, but with only one diamond.

Any Ideas?

2. Here's another picture of kind of what I'm looking for. but I would love something a little more elegant.

:amuse:

3. Gelin Abaci makes tension set rings that are gorgeous. (that is what they call that "floating" look)

4. These look like e-rings, is that what you're looking for?

5. A friend of mine got her tenstion set engagement ring from Robbins Brothers. (Well, her fiance got it from there anyway). I don't know who the designer is on it.

6. I agree Gelin & Abaci have gorgeous tension set rings but if you don't want to go down the 'tension set' road, you can also find mountings that are 'bar set' which gives you the illusion of tension set but really aren't.

7. Oh, do you have any links to have some good examples? I might get mine custom made.

8. Oh I loveeee those steven kretchmer rings :smile: I think I might go off that one. Thank you!

9. I had a 3ct pear set in a 18kt YG Kretchmer e-ring. Lovely and very unique! I heard he patented the tension setting. Got this ring in the mid 1990's.
    Some of the rings have tiny diamonds embedded on only one side of the shank...stunning!

10. Thanks so much! Those look like beautiful pieces. I wonder if they would be able to do the tension setting with platinum or 19k