Looking for a Collection Bag? MbyMJ Chicago has a TON!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I was at the MbyMJ store here in Chgo tonite and was amazed at the number of collection bags they had in the store -- and they told me that if they don't have it, they can get it!

They had the grey quilted stam, Large Cecelia in grey, the So Cool pleated stam (YUMMY leather lining!:drool:), the Mika bag in every color but taupe (never saw the bag before -- LOVE IT!), the full size Carter in Ivory, another Carter style, who's name I do not know -- it's a smaller bag with double handles and an eye hook in the middle -- very cool bag, but small -- the sides sort of fold inward and the bag hooks vertically -- in almost every color available, a Fuscha quilted stam, the Rena bag (I think that's what it's called), several of the classic collection -- Blake, Stella, Elise - in so cool leather, a black PW stam, and I think a few more, tho I can't remember them all!!

way more collection bags than they had the last time I was there -- they said that since we don't have a collection store yet (it's scheduled to open in early 2009) and the demand is there, they tend to carry a large selection of collection items. They had lots of shoes as well and clothing and sunnies too!

Yes!!! I thought of you right away and was actually just looking for the post where we just talked about that! definitely the LARGE cecelia and definitely GREY!!

I have to tell you guys -- that Mika bag is GORGEOUS!!! If only it weren't $1750!!! I so would have bought it!! But I tried it out with a few things inside and it's much too small for me -- I wouldn't be able to use it as much as you SHOULD use an $1800 bag!!!

They had it in black, which I've never seen, and even tho it sounds boring, I swear IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:

they also had it in coral, ivory and a really pretty "bone" color

I have to tell you guys -- that Mika bag is GORGEOUS!!! If only it weren't $1750!!! I so would have bought it!! But I tried it out with a few things inside and it's much too small for me -- I wouldn't be able to use it as much as you SHOULD use an $1800 bag!!!

They had it in black, which I've never seen, and even tho it sounds boring, I swear IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:

If you want to meet up at the store, let me know..I am so GAME ON!

I would LOVE to make a day of it -- why don't we try to plan something -- I normally work on Saturdays, but maybe I can get the day off or at least work half a day instead -- just tell me when so I can plan ahead

there are actually A LOT of great places to shop in that neighborhood -- Scoop NYC, AKIRA, Urban Outfitters, BCBG is right next door, Bebe is across the street and so is Intermix -- I also believe there's a Betsy Johnson as well as several other boutiques

:nuts:Ahhhh! Stop talking about the Mika! I'm not that strong. . .very bad at resisting-er, um-"enablement".:P

^^ I am actually there for a seminar (:angel:) ...but I am sure I can play hookey. Let me check my national guidelines on how I accrue my hours and see if I can hook if you will. It is a rather large 3 day thing, and the cool part about it is..the final night is a party at the Field Museum! I am so stoked. I will meet up with you, we will work something out. My sister is an event planner for stonelotus? Ever heard of it?

^^ I am actually there for a seminar (:angel:) ...but I am sure I can play hookey. Let me check my national guidelines on how I accrue my hours and see if I can hook if you will. It is a rather large 3 day thing, and the cool part about it is..the final night is a party at the Field Museum! I am so stoked. I will meet up with you, we will work something out. My sister is an event planner for stonelotus? Ever heard of it?

No -- can't say that I have -- I don't know about anyone else's schedule, but I'm also off on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays -- any one of those days will work as well -- I just know Saturdays are usually a good day for most people and since I work downtown, I can put in a half day and still meet up with you guys -- we could even do i t late afternoon/early evening and I can work a little more than a half-day

:nuts:Ahhhh! Stop talking about the Mika! I'm not that strong. . .very bad at resisting-er, um-"enablement".:P

You're still loving that bag, huh?? Well it's there -- in EVERY COLOR except taupe -- and OMG!! they are so friggin fantastic!!!:drool::drool::drool:
I'm tellin ya -- if I ever hit the lottery (even a scratch off!!) I know where I'm headed!!!!!

(is that too much enabling!!:graucho::graucho:)