Looking for a BIG BV Hobo/Shoulder Bag

Jul 28, 2016
I'm used to carrying an LV Neverfull GM. I recently ordered a Large Veneta Hobo, but it's way too small for my needs. Do you think a Maxi Veneta would be large enough for me? Or would you recommend another BV design? I'm especially in love with the hobo look and the intrecciato details. I strongly prefer to buy new, but it doesn't have to be brand new this season (I love trolling Giglio, Yoox, and Jomashop for older models). Thank you, folks! I'm really loving getting to know the BV forum and especially enjoy seeing everyone's mod shots.

I love my maxi hobo but I believe that size is not being made anymore so you would have to find an older model. I don't have a Neverfull but the maxi fits A LOT...and also still looks great when it's empty. For intrecciato there's also the cabat (although at a significant price increase unless you are okay with preowned) or the convertible tote. I am less familiar with the new styles, I love the way the Jodie looks in pics but haven't seen one in person yet.

If you like the Neverfull and you’re looking for something similar, try the large Cesta. You’ll have to probably find it on the secondary market since they don't make it or any (proper) Intrecciato bags anymore. Tho you might be able to find one hiding in the closet of a boutique. I mean if that’s the look you’re after.
F27F0D3A-2F57-47C6-A261-12CFCC8CAC29.jpeg

If you like the Neverfull and you’re looking for something similar, try the large Cesta. You’ll have to probably find it on the secondary market since they don't make it or any (proper) Intrecciato bags anymore. Tho you might be able to find one hiding in the closet of a boutique. I mean if that’s the look you’re after.
View attachment 4650952
I love the subtle use of the the word ‘proper’ here
I couldn’t agree more.

E x

Reactions: V0N1B2 and indiaink
I love my maxi hobo but I believe that size is not being made anymore so you would have to find an older model. I don't have a Neverfull but the maxi fits A LOT...and also still looks great when it's empty. For intrecciato there's also the cabat (although at a significant price increase unless you are okay with preowned) or the convertible tote. I am less familiar with the new styles, I love the way the Jodie looks in pics but haven't seen one in person yet.
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm seriously thinking of going the preowned route and getting the maxi! It's great to hear that it still looks good when empty:smile:

View attachment 4650952
Ooh! The Cesta is gorgeous!

Reactions: Elizabel