Looking for a bag to replace my backpack

bagbunnie09

Aug 29, 2006
Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering if you had any suggestions. I commute into NYC everyday, and I'm currently carrying a backpack that is pretty much on it's last leg. It's a Guess backpack, and I've had it over 10 years... but it's pretty much done. So, I was looking to upgrade a bit. I no longer want to take a backpack, but a large tote, that I can throw all my stuff in. I've been looking at the Anna Corinna bags, but I noticed that some people on here, aren't impressed with the quality. Can anybody recommend any large bags, that are good quality, and leather... but at least under 400 dollars? Thanks!

Hi bagbunnie09! Welcome! Check out the ff bags:

Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Leather Shopper $398

Qara Argentina Mia Tote $205
You can also check out the website. They have nice large Hobo bags as well with cellphone pocket $210.
Qara Argentina

img_9154_1.jpg

Hope it helps & that you find the perfect bag for you soon!

HYSTERIC

How about Coach?

$378 - comes in different colors

$378 - different colors as well

$448 - a little over the budget

$358

If you are not stuck on leather, how about Herve Chapelier or Longchamp? I've used both for school in the past and both held up really well. You have a choice of colors, and it's easy to maintain and clean.

And, my favorite designer...Marc Jacobs....(all from eluxury.com)
p11145731_ph_hero.jpg

$398 - different colors

p11145651_ph_hero.jpg

$428

p11146080_ph_hero.jpg

$298

p11146152_ph_hero.jpg

$358

For your purposes, I would warn against using an all-leather tote for carrying a large amount of things, particularly Marc Jacobs. It will soon become very, very heavy. Coach signature jacquard bags are much lighter, and pretty durable, too.

When you go shopping, take your usual daily load of things with you and throw it all into each bag you are trying out, and carry it around to see how it feels. This is very important.

I happen to think the Anna Corinna city tote is perfect. the tobacco and butterscotch leathers are beat up, but they are supposed to look that way, and i think that they look really cool. the black and the white are soft, rich leathers if you don't want a beat up look. there are also new colors like moss green and rust on Luna Boston | Stylish, Chic Handbags and Accessories. SHOPINTUITION and Home | Kitson Boutique also have a really good selection.

15955-viewsize300-front.jpg
15954-viewsize300-front.jpg
12872.l.jpg