Looking for 18kt gold plain slip-on Bangle Bracelet

tbbbjb

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Good Morning all.

I am having the hardest time locating a simple 18kt yellow gold plain slip-on Bangle Bracelet. I do not want plated, etc. I want it to be of a good weight, around 16 grams or so and 4mm wide. Tiffany's makes one, but they are having problems locating one in the yellow gold for me. They have white and rose readily available. I also do not know that I want to pay the mark-up for the Tiffany name since it isn't a special piece. It is really generic. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

I have attached a photo from the one at Tiffany's, to give you an idea as to how basic it really is.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

Vegas Long Legs

Traveler
Nov 13, 2006
I had one of these & it got banged up. See if you can find one that is not hollow inside.
Mine ended up as scrap metal.

tbbbjb

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
That is exactly why I wanted the weighter one.

Thanks for the idea of Blue Nile, I had already checked them out and ruled them out because of the weight.

I have contacted 2 companies to see if they can custom make it for me (although, I just found them on-line and do not know if their work is any good), but again it seems kind-of silly because it is so simple. I should just be able to find one. Urghh.. my search continues.

Thanks for your comments, I really do appreciate them!

tbbbjb

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Hi.

I was hoping that someone here has a good source for purchasing a very simple, plain 18kt yellow gold slip-on bangle. I want to purchase several to layer, so I am looking for a thin one.

So far, I have found:

Ipplolita has one, but at $695 each it is a lot to pay for several and I would rather not pay a designer price for this. I also cannot seem to find a thickness, but I am looking for a more uniform one (as opposed to there freeform)

Blue Nile - this is a possibility at $390 and 1/8"

Tiffany's - too thick at 4.6mm and $1250

Please help. I would really appreciate it!:yahoo:

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
To layer? have you looked into the 7 traditional Vietnamese bangles? They are normally 18-24k. i think they are about 2-3mm each.

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
The city that never sleeps!
Hi! :smile: Hmm, well personally, I would never purchase thin gold bangles from U.S. jewelry stores (and never designer for that matter), because they're ridiculously overpriced IMHO. If you have any Indian jewelry stores around you, go there! :smile: I'm not sure where you live, but if you live near NY/NJ, you can find many. You can probably find some great prices... and most jewelry is 18k and above. I actually have some thin gold stackable bangles I designed (well, asked to have made) when I went to India several years ago (my dad's family is in the jewelry business), and they are perfect. I'm sure if I were to buy them here, they would be a ton of $$$! :sweatdrop: I hope you find what you are looking for! :flowers:

tbbbjb

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
sinniebunnie: That sounds like what I am looking for. Where would I find it?

fieryfashionist: I live in Arizona, so no Indian Jewelry stores around here that I know of. Any store suggestions?

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I have found that from my own personal experience, thin bangles just do not hold up over time.
If you are looking for a flat style bangle instead of a rounded one, you might do a google search for Hawaiian gold bracelets. My friend purchased one for me a few years ago and it is SOLID and beautiful. I can wear it daily without worry. It cost $500 at the time so I don't know how much it would be now with the gold prices up so high.
The one I have has the plumeria motif; you can get them with words/names in Old English too. There is apparently quite a nice history to them.