Looking back 2007 - What did you accomplish this year?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I started my first retirement savings account (a 457-B deferred compensation account) and put a chunk of cash directly from my paycheck into the account every month. It's great starting early on in my career and my cash stash is already growing :nuts:

- Well first of all, I joined tpf! lol!

- I got engaged to the only lover I have ever had, and my best friend for 21 years.

- I got a condo in Dubai!

- I bought my dream home in Scotland for me & my so.

- I got a 10 year contract with Emirates.

- I have now 2 dogs, Louis & Daisy (of course both named after Louis Vuitton + my faviourite perfume)

Wow...what did I do this year?

I...

Graduated from Oregon State University on the honor roll, with a BA in Philosophy - June 17th.

Got married a week later down in Lake Tahoe to a fellow soldier and my BFF, Jason.

Celebrated 4 years of service in the Army.

Jumped right into the workforce after college and am in the final stage towards making my temporary job permanent with the State Aviation Office.

Got a sweet doggie named Twinkie to keep our old girl Spirit company (or drive her crazy, haven't really decided how she feels about it yet).

Started making financial plans and life plans for our upcoming deployment to include debt eradication and savings for a down payment on a house when we return.

Joined tPF! Woo hoo!

Received my first Hermes as a wonderful anonymous gift to be a good luck piece of raisin for my deployment (even though it is not accompanying me because it will get ruined!!!!) It was a Karo, and is very special to me because I have loved Hermes since I was 7 years old and never could acquire it.

2007 didn't come without some difficulties:

I had several instances of credit fraud occur (or that had occurred before but I was never aware of until this year), two of which I successfully got rid of and a third I am in the process of getting taken off my credit.

Our girl Spirit was sick after the wedding and we spent all of our wedding money and savings on ultrasounds and blood tests to ensure she didn't have lymphoma. We found out she has Cushing's disease, which is incurable but is treatable so thankfully she will live out a long life with only minor discomfort at random intervals. We are barely getting back on our feet 6 months later from the debt that it put us into, but DH and I have gotten closer and stronger as a result. Maybe if we save the equivalent of our wedding gifts back up we can take a nice vacation before the deployment to Iraq :smile:

I think all in all, 2007 was a very cool year. Ups and downs, but the constant things of faith, hope and love kept it steady at the core.

- Talked about wheelchair and disability etiquette @ the North American for the Handicapped Association Region 10 conference in Wyoming
- Rode a mechanical bull @ Buffalo Bill days in Wyoming
- Got over the loss of a friend ( he didn't die, he just stopped talking to me).
- I'm closer to graduating college ( I have a year left).
- Trotted on 16.2 hand Holsteiner
- Quit smoking

2007 was sh!tty really....But :
-I broke up with my long term BF
-I gave up on my mother
-I worked a long process on myself
-I got a new job
-I enjoy life with my friends much more and go out.
Let's hope 2008 will bring me some good results of these hardest decisions...

Fell in love.. 1 year down... a million to go babe !

I Freakin graduated from HS.. Wow it feels weird to say that..

I bought a new Monte Carlo..

I watched my first nephew be born :heart:

I let go of useless unworthy friends.. and started to enjoy quality and not quantity !

Hmmm...am I too late for this? These are my best achievements of 2007.

My underwater photographs were published on the cover of 3 different magazines, and the first of those was only my second cover ever.

One of those cover images also won an award at a prestigious underwater imaging festival in an obscure category that is usually left unawarded(is that a word?)

Oh, and how could I forget, we adopted Ruby the most wonderful little tabby cat from the local shelter.

And then I joined tpf and my credit card got very close to reaching it's limit. :s But, I've met some wonderful people, which made up for it. DH disagrees on the last one.

Hmmm...am I too late for this? These are my best achievements of 2007.

My underwater photographs were published on the cover of 3 different magazines, and the first of those was only my second cover ever.

One of those cover images also won an award at a prestigious underwater imaging festival in an obscure category that is usually left unawarded(is that a word?)

Oh, and how could I forget, we adopted Ruby the most wonderful little tabby cat from the local shelter.

And then I joined tpf and my credit card got very close to reaching it's limit. :s But, I've met some wonderful people, which made up for it. DH disagrees on the last one.

Wow, Bella! Those accomplishments are nothing to shake a stick at! That is so cool you do underwater photography. My DH would probably love to learn some tricks for when he's fishing next. :smile:

How could I forget, my boyfriend and I celebrated 5 years together too!!:nuts:

Congrats you and your BF:tup:

My BF and I celebrated 5 years too!! It's been a hard year for us as a couple. Hopefully 2008 will be better!

I went on my DREAM trip to Italy and I planned it all by myself! TONS of internet searches! I usually tag along with my parents because they have timeshares and what not, but this was on my own.

Continued my tradition of going to NYC once a year!

Even though it was in 2006, it was late in the year so it counts as 2007 :smile:, I got a new awesome job that challenges me a whole lot more than my last one and I actually use my brain.

Reconnected with an old childhood friend. Which is AWESOME because she just had a baby and I'm glad to get to know him!

2007 seemed to fly by for me... it's funny, because overall I think it was a bad year, but I have three accomplishments I've proud of:

1. Bought my first house (an investment property)
2. Was promoted (from tax consultant to senior tax consultant). (I guess I will count that as 2007, although my promotion took effect from 1 January).
3. Was accepted to the Masters program I wanted.

Wow, Bella! Those accomplishments are nothing to shake a stick at! That is so cool you do underwater photography. My DH would probably love to learn some tricks for when he's fishing next. :smile:

Is he spearfishing? If you're ever in the Caribbean from Jan-April, drop me a PM and I'll put you up and he can fish himself silly. :yes:

2007 was mixed for me : a terrible start when I had a miscarraige in Jan and a great friend of ours died in April of Leukaemia. The second half has been better :

- got pregnant again with 4 months of losing my first and am due in Feb - hurrah!

- sold and moved on to a much bigger house. so much space!! The fact that I managed to co-ordinate a move and do much of the packing while pregnant was an achievement in itself!!

-had a great christmas and new year with family and friends.