Looking at purchasing Preowned. How would you take it??

ac921ol

O.G.
Sep 21, 2011
Question 1

Looking at purchasing a very very well taken care of Azur Speedy for my DF (Dear fiancé)

How would you take it if it was a Christmas Gift??? it would be her first preowned condition LV, the first two I got her were brand new.
only reason Im asking this is cause it would save me over $200+tax and thats before the price increase coming up.

Speedy Includes
LV Lock and two keys, envelope, dustbag, tags

(am I missing anything from there, I dont think so other then the box it came in)

Question 2

Azur Speedy (preowned)
and
Azur Pochette (brand new)

Reason is that I want something for some winter white days, and I want to get her something for the spring/summer. She already has an Ebene Pochette, and a Mono Delightful

I consider Azur more spring/summer pattern (and Ebene more winter/fall pattern). I think that is what most of us think.

Personally, I would rather have a small new bag than bigger preowned bag. But that is just me. Maybe Eva in azur?

I have the azur speedy 35 and I use it in the winter . I love it . I wouldnt buy it used too many problems and not worth it for 200$ . Not to be mean but if your worried about 200 perhaps you should buy a guess bag or something . :speedy:

Oh geez...

Anyway...if the preloved bag looks good, and you know that she would love it, and saving a few hundred means you will be able to also get her a little accessory, then by all means do it!

I would be tickled pink with a bag that I love from my husband, and I wouldn't think ANY less of him or the bag for buying it preloved.

You don't have to buy a cheap guess bag, a preloved bag is a wonderful gift and gesture, and would certainly be very loved and cherished!

For winter I would do ebene as its rainy and such. also if your getting preowned I would do ebene because they can look almost new even when their used. I dont think you should buy guess because you want to save 200 dollars :shocked: . ...

Oh geez...

Anyway...if the preloved bag looks good, and you know that she would love it, and saving a few hundred means you will be able to also get her a little accessory, then by all means do it!

I would be tickled pink with a bag that I love from my husband, and I wouldn't think ANY less of him or the bag for buying it preloved.

You don't have to buy a cheap guess bag, a preloved bag is a wonderful gift and gesture, and would certainly be very loved and cherished!

This is a good point. He should ask her if she minds getting the preloved bag. Some of us do not like it. I would seriously buy myself Zara bag if I had to choose between preowned LV and a new Zara bag.

Another question- what is the listing that you're thinking about buying? I noticed that you said that it comes with an "envelope"- if it's a little green envelope, then the bag is FAKE. Be very careful..most of the fake listing on ebay are easy to spot because of the little green envelopes and cards.

I guess it depends on the bag, and depends on your girlfriend.
If the bag is in excellent condition (practically new) then I don't see why not. A gift, is a gift, is a gift. Gift giving has no real rules, since the gesture in itself should be coming from a good place.

Having said that, if you know your girlfriend (and I assure you, you'll know her better than anyone here on tpf) and she prefers new to preloved, then shell out the extra $200 and buy it from Vuitton. That way, if there are any problems, you can return/exchange with no issues.

Bottom line is, we should stop putting restrictions on gift giving. What you want to give (or in some people's cases, what you can afford to give) is perfectly fine and if the recipient takes offense to something you've worked hard to buy for them, based on it's preloved condition, then I'd give my relationship with this person a second thought.

I have the azur speedy 35 and I use it in the winter . I love it . I wouldnt buy it used too many problems and not worth it for 200$ . Not to be mean but if your worried about 200 perhaps you should buy a guess bag or something . :speedy:

wow ... that's pretty rude!

you need to find out how she feels about having something that is pre-owned. some of us don't mind pre-owned bags if the price is right and depending on the condition of the bag. but other tPFers stay away from pre-owned, it's just a matter of opinion and personal taste.

make sure if you buy a pre-owned bag you get it authenticated before you pay for it. there is a thread here in the LV forum, just follow the directions and Addy or Lee can help you.

Thanks for the help, Ill keep guess bags in mind.

Oh geez...

Here are a few pictures of the bag.
To me it seems to be in great shape, and yes I did plan on buying her a little accessory with the money saved.

Exterior Shot

Another Shot

and
One More

*The bag has been verified as well, just in case anyone was wondering.

For winter I would do ebene as its rainy and such. also if your getting preowned I would do ebene because they can look almost new even when their used. I dont think you should buy guess because you want to save 200 dollars :shocked: . ...

Yes, that is also some of the reason I want to save some on the cost, so that I could purchase her the Strap to go with her Ebene Pochette.

I guess it depends on the bag, and depends on your girlfriend.
If the bag is in excellent condition (practically new) then I don't see why not. A gift, is a gift, is a gift. Gift giving has no real rules, since the gesture in itself should be coming from a good place.

Having said that, if you know your girlfriend (and I assure you, you'll know her better than anyone here on tpf) and she prefers new to preloved, then shell out the extra $200 and buy it from Vuitton. That way, if there are any problems, you can return/exchange with no issues.

Bottom line is, we should stop putting restrictions on gift giving. What you want to give (or in some people's cases, what you can afford to give) is perfectly fine and if the recipient takes offense to something you've worked hard to buy for them, based on it's preloved condition, then I'd give my relationship with this person a second thought.

:goodpost:

I think that's VERY sweet of you! If it's in excellent condition with tags and dustbag, go for it if it saves you a bunch. (Just have it authenticated!) I would be thrilled with that gift, personally. Pay no attention to silly unnecessary posts here from people who don't even comprehend English grammar.

And the OP is not asking opinions about his color choice. I purchased azur just for the winter months, and I love it... I will carry it all year so no need to give your 2 cents to him about that. I think what he has picked is a PERFECT addition to her current collection.

Good luck and I hope she loves her gifts! :smile:

The envelope is the authenticity card, I have a friend that works at LV and she said I should go for it, it would beat her discount on it, she was also able to authenticate it for me, and the member is also on TPF.

My Gf/Fiance is very very very easy going, she actually doesnt like me buying gifts like this for her, she came from nothing, and has made a life of her own, so I feel shes worked quite hard without having a family to support her as they should, So I spoil her when I can, but she was happy when she got her Delightful, and then she was more ecstatic that she got her pochette right before our engagement dinner, and then she crapped the bed when she came home to a new Lexus after getting engaged and getting her new LV stuff.
So decisions decisions. Seems like some of you are about the Preowned and some arent, luckily for me, I know my DF and I know she would love it. (figured it out after some of the comments on here.)

*Dont worry jessicasimpson, I will also keep the guess bags in mind, just for you. :rolleyes: