Lookie what a dishonest seller sent me

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
I thought to post this in the ebay forum, but I'm looking for consolation more than advice... and I know you Chanel ladies would understand... :sad:

Last week I purchased a pair of earrings and a necklace, both Chanel, from a seller whose listing only had blurry photos, in which the jewelry was placed a distance away from the camera. The seller disclosed that a few crystals were missing but otherwise both pieces were in a great condition, rarely used and like new.

I don't mind having missing crystals replaced at the boutique... So at the time, being absolutely stupid, I thought I may have gotten a great deal.

When I asked for focused up-close photos, the seller simply said that she was really bad with the camera... Apparently I am way too gullible, and am now in the midst of a paypal claim because she sent me this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sigh.

I'm disappointed, angry, and extremely appalled by how dishonest some people are... :sad:

Already I was having SUCH a bad week but this totally takes the cake, lol.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,905
pixiepeach ~ I know, right!??!?! When I opened the parcel, I was so stunned... I seriously just stood there for a full minute trying to comprehend WTH just happened.

NanamiRyu ~ I've filed SNAD, currently waiting for paypal's decision. Still, I'm worried that paypal might for some reason take her side, or decide that I'm making a big deal out of nothing... Pointless, pointless worrying. So much anxiety over someone I should never have trusted to begin with. :sad:

jkhuu623 ~ LOL I have NO idea... My first thought was, "Ok I need to get AWAY from this thing because there is something growing on it!!!!" After putting away the parcel and its unfortunate contents, I had to wash (and re-wash -- I'm slightly OCD) my hands so many times because I felt sooo disgusted and repulsed!!!

Last edited:
See if you can send Paypal photos. Because that is so tarnished and it's like they fell in the ocean or something. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you paid via credit card.

kkayc ~ I paid out of my paypal balance... So unfortunately I won't be able to do a credit reversal for this one. I know, extremely stupid of me. :sad: I tried uploading photos but there was nowhere I could upload attachments. So I posted a photobucket link under my dispute... Hopefully they take that into consideration.

EMMY ~ Also... A huge part of the repulsion stemmed from the fact that I just couldn't believe someone could reduce jewelry to this sorry state! Horrific!!

Last edited:
OMG, I'm so sorry. Hope that you can get your money back.
I know paypal/ebay would give your money but it's really annoying that you have to go through all the legal issues/filing and not to mention it ruined your feelings. ='( Don't forget to leave a nasty/negative feedback for the dishonest seller!!! :mad:

ewwwwwwww........ Nighteyes~ I feel for you! I'm sorry this happened to you...
I have sold a few things on ebay and I have always been as honest as I can be. I would have never described the item as your seller did!!! I do buy from ebay occasionally, but I am extrememly cautious when doing so, because of all the low-life people out there. ~Deplorable!

mrsvenuti ~ I own a lot of costume jewelry, mostly Chanel :graucho:, but none of them have ever been so badly tarnished... This sort of damage is... really quite a marvel to behold. :huh:

Ny126 ~ Thanks! Rotten egg indeed... :P

jainstein ~ Yeah, and not to mention the return shipping costs... :sad: Still, I'm thankful that I didn't purchase something more expensive (a bag or *gasp* RTW!!) from this seller... Goodness knows what would've arrived in the mail. I'm thinking dead moths buried in tweed!!! :faint:

luv2ownabirkin ~ Deplorable indeed! I hope this never happens to any of you ladies! I'm usually cautious when purchasing online as well, but this seller was an acquaintance whom I met through another forum (not tpf), so I let my guard down. Biiiig mistake.

I am so sorry for what happend to you...
Such a dishonest seller!
I am not sure that if this is allowed in the forum but would you provide the seller's name?
If this is against the policy, that's ok.
Keep us updated. Wish you luck.