Look who came home with me last night? A Reveal!

rockstarmish

Your friendly neighborhood rock chick
O.G.
Aug 24, 2011
So here's the scoop. I have been staring at this bag since it came out online in the RM site. I even asked the fellow ladies here how I could order from RM.com because I liked it so much. I was short on money at the time so I thought well I could forget about it for now. Friday comes, and I get a big bonus from work, and here comes the butterflies of knowing I can once again buy my loved RM's. I went to sleep thinking "YEAHHHHHH!!"

Saturday comes and the first thing I feel when I wake up is "ARGHHHHHHHHHH". My throat hurts, I start sneezing and I have a hard time breathing...Ergo, I have asthma. Btw, I am asthmatic. So my excitement is gone and replaced with a feeling of too tired to get out of bed, must stay in bed. So I did, until one of my friend's dragged me out for a Japanese dinner which I initially hesitated to go on, but the thought of having Japanese food compared to what I had at home made me think otherwise. I get home and now I'm really feeling like I crap. Now I have fever and it's obvious to me that I should have stayed home.

Sunday rolls in and yup, you guessed it. Craptastic. I wake up at 4pm and long story short, my BF and I end up fighting. So here I am pissed off needing some air while feverish mind you. I take my car out and end up going to a boutique that has RM in the Philippines. In my fit of rage and fever, the only place I thought to cheer me up was there and little did I know, my intuition was right. I went to the RM section and what do I see? An Elle Mini in Light Turquoise. I was in shock. Initially, I wanted to buy the Mini Mac in Metallic Turquoise if they had it since they have more Mini Macs and Zips available here, but for the first time they actually had an Elle Mini. I asked the SA, "Do you have other stocks?" She said "No, this is the only one because it's exclusive."
I knew she was telling the truth as I had never seen the Elle Mini being sold here. So, I looked at the price and took a deep breath, felt my head. Yup, I was still feverish and said to myself that if I didn't get this now, I would end up obsessing over it. So, in my feverish but happy state, I brought her home with me. She now joins my other 2 Elle Mini's :smile:

I really love the color, it's very different from the other colors of bags I have. I love pastels! She's like a sweet candy dream! And if anyone knows me in the TPF, The Elle Mini is my obsession.

The leather is gorgeous. Can anyone tell me if it's pebbled?

Thanks for letting me share my fever story haha :lol:

Attachments

• lt1.JPG
    lt1.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 360
  • lt22.JPG
    lt22.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 356
  • lt33.JPG
    lt33.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 353
  • lt44.JPG
    lt44.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 355
  • lt55.JPG
    lt55.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 357
  • lt66.JPG
    lt66.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 355
Hey congrats! So you've added to your collection. Elles are really pretty! Did you get it from Rustan's? How much if you don't mind?

Hope the fever is gone by now! :smile:

Hey congrats! So you've added to your collection. Elles are really pretty! Did you get it from Rustan's? How much if you don't mind?

Hope the fever is gone by now! :smile:
Thank you dear. Haha, unfortunately I am still sick and at work. But the thought of the Elle helps me go about my day.

Yes, I got it from Rustans for 17,500 :smile:

I wanted to ask you on what leather you think it is? Just getting ready because I have one leather cleaner that can't be used for pebbled leather.

although i'm not interested in the baby blue color, i like the pebbled leather ;)
you do have something about the Elle mini :roflmfao:
congrats!
any mod shots? :graucho:
Thank you! I contemplated too on the color but, any blue goes well with me as I am always wearing jeans, so this color is impossible to clash on any of my denims. So it was a good buy for me, plus the fact that we only have summer all year round makes this bag versatile. I was also very impressed with the leather. And... How could I resist an Elle?? The hunt for the iridescent still continues!! Only when I get that will I contemplate on banning myself. That's my holy grail! :panic:

So it is pebbled leather then? :smile:

Oh and regarding the mod shots, unfortunately ladies, that will have to wait. You cannot see me right now. My nose is swollen and wounded from blowing my nose, I'm pale and disheveled. I promise. Mod shots will be coming when I feel better. :smile:

Last edited:
17,500 peso? does it mean expensive in the Philippines? mind telling me the average monthly income of people living in your area?
17,500 peso equals 3,100HK$ and to me it's quite expensive (i'm so poor!). for your reference, a general office lady here makes about 14,000HK$ a month.

pebbled leather refers to how the leather is treated. it's not a type of leather. i suppose this is calfskin leather. i wonder why your leather lotion cannot be applied to pebbled leather? is it the same one from Coach? i believe you can apply that one to all calfskin :smile:

Last edited:
17,500 peso? does it mean expensive in the Philippines? mind telling me the average monthly income of people living in your area?
17,500 peso equals 3,100HK$ and to me it's quite expensive (i'm so poor!). for your reference, a general office lady here makes about 14,000HK$ a month.

pebbled leather refers to how the leather is treated. it's not a type of leather. i suppose this is calfskin leather. i wonder why your leather lotion cannot be applied to pebbled leather? is it the same one from Coach? i believe you can apply that one to all calfskin :smile:
Yes, it is very expensive. It's about $395 ++. I was only able to get this because I had some savings and had a big bonus from work. I don't know how much other people make around my area, but in my circle of friends, I'm not the one who makes the most. I'm not rich either, asides from my essentials every month, I save everything for a bag hehe. So, after a couple of months and the right timing, I am able to buy a bag.

Oh, thanks on the info about the leather! Haha! Yes, the Coach leather moisturizer can't be used on pebbled leather. Here:

http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...0000000000013521&navCatId=7100000000000000645

Yes, it is very expensive. It's about $395 ++. I was only able to get this because I had some savings and had a big bonus from work. I don't know how much other people make around my area, but in my circle of friends, I'm not the one who makes the most. I'm not rich either, asides from my essentials every month, I save everything for a bag hehe. So, after a couple of months and the right timing, I am able to buy a bag.

Oh, thanks on the info about the leather! Haha! Yes, the Coach leather moisturizer can't be used on pebbled leather. Here:

http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...0000000000013521&navCatId=7100000000000000645

Kasey, maybe 10,000 HK+ equivalent is even on the high side for a general office worker, but higher for more specialized work.

I have never bought an RM from the store that carries it here because it is about full US retail price. I'm a sucker for deals and sale!! :graucho:

Rockstarmish, when I saw your question on the leather, I thought yes it's pebbled. But I'm not an expert on leather types. Then a question popped in my mind, does 'pebbled' mean 'grained'? Anyway, fyi, aside from Leather Honey and LMB conditioners, I now favor Apple Leather Conditioner. I have a black MAC that seemed to have lightly faded top leather part. The first 2 didn't improve that area, but when I applied Apple later on, I now have a more consistent black leather! And I think it is not worrisome to use Apple on light leathers unlike Leather Honey which tends to darken colors. Hope this helps!:smile:

thanks very much for answering my questions. i only bought a purse once at retail price. that was a Prada wallet and only the boutique had the color that i wanted. i feared my fav color will run out so i bought it from the boutique without any discount. no regret :smile:

if RM bags have the quality of those produced before 2009, i would be willing to buy at the retail price for the right style and color :yes:

i wonder why the Coach moisturizer cannot be applied to pebbled leather. but honestly pebbled leather is the easiest to maintain. like saffiano leather, you don't need to do anything LOL. when it gets dirty, just use baby wipes or wet tissue. but i make sure all of my bags are sprayed with water repellent cuz it's raining a lot in Spring here :nogood::nogood:

enjoy your Elle Angels ;)

Kasey, maybe 10,000 HK+ equivalent is even on the high side for a general office worker, but higher for more specialized work.

I have never bought an RM from the store that carries it here because it is about full US retail price. I'm a sucker for deals and sale!! :graucho:

Rockstarmish, when I saw your question on the leather, I thought yes it's pebbled. But I'm not an expert on leather types. Then a question popped in my mind, does 'pebbled' mean 'grained'? Anyway, fyi, aside from Leather Honey and LMB conditioners, I now favor Apple Leather Conditioner. I have a black MAC that seemed to have lightly faded top leather part. The first 2 didn't improve that area, but when I applied Apple later on, I now have a more consistent black leather! And I think it is not worrisome to use Apple on light leathers unlike Leather Honey which tends to darken colors. Hope this helps!:smile:
Thank you for the advice! I've heard about Apple leather cleaners but I can't find it here. Is it available here in Manila? I only bought the Coach because I found it locally :smile: And it seems to work well with the RM embossed aquamarine I got last month :smile:

thanks very much for answering my questions. i only bought a purse once at retail price. that was a Prada wallet and only the boutique had the color that i wanted. i feared my fav color will run out so i bought it from the boutique without any discount. no regret :smile:

if RM bags have the quality of those produced before 2009, i would be willing to buy at the retail price for the right style and color :yes:

i wonder why the Coach moisturizer cannot be applied to pebbled leather. but honestly pebbled leather is the easiest to maintain. like saffiano leather, you don't need to do anything LOL. when it gets dirty, just use baby wipes or wet tissue. but i make sure all of my bags are sprayed with water repellent cuz it's raining a lot in Spring here :nogood::nogood:

enjoy your Elle Angels ;)
You're very welcome and no worries :smile: Like msd_bags, I am sucker for deals but the waiting game gets to me. I agree with you, that spending retail price depends on the right style and color, in this case, it's my favorite RM bag. And for the color, a pastel shade never hurts! This is only the 2nd time I've bought retail for RM. First, was for the Mini Mac in Plum in NM and then this. I regret nothing hehe :graucho:

Good to know about the leather! Thank you, I feel confident that even though it's pastel. I only have water repellant for suede.
Wet tissue? Like watered tissue? That works? :smile:
Haha, In the Philippines, it goes up to 36-38 Celsius!
What kind of protection spray do you use if I may ask?

And thank you, I will enjoy them :smile:

I got Apple from Amazon and had it shipped via my forwarder together with some of my bags, lol. At the same time I ordered Apple Garde Rain and Stain Repellent. It's aerosol so there's no problem via sea cargo. Not sure though with air shipment.

I got Apple from Amazon and had it shipped via my forwarder together with some of my bags, lol. At the same time I ordered Apple Garde Rain and Stain Repellent. It's aerosol so there's no problem via sea cargo. Not sure though with air shipment.
You know any other brands of repellants that can be found here?

i use this
http://www.collonil.com/en/leather-proof-classic.html

how to post a link to show photo now? it seemed to work last year. now it never works :cursing:

You're very welcome and no worries :smile: Like msd_bags, I am sucker for deals but the waiting game gets to me. I agree with you, that spending retail price depends on the right style and color, in this case, it's my favorite RM bag. And for the color, a pastel shade never hurts! This is only the 2nd time I've bought retail for RM. First, was for the Mini Mac in Plum in NM and then this. I regret nothing hehe :graucho:

Good to know about the leather! Thank you, I feel confident that even though it's pastel. I only have water repellant for suede.
Wet tissue? Like watered tissue? That works? :smile:
Haha, In the Philippines, it goes up to 36-38 Celsius!
What kind of protection spray do you use if I may ask?

And thank you, I will enjoy them :smile:

Last edited: