Look what they did….

Haha unbelievable, now the store manager emailed me:….That they talked to their repair experts in Paris, bla bla bla…. They can absolutely rule out that they caused the damage. He can offer me to order a new strap for 200€…. Bla bla bla…..

You know what? I would do that, just to finish this trouble. I would purchase a new strap if this would be the only damage. But then the bag still has holes in the leather.
Gonna wait till the CA calls me back, then I will see. Im really sad and disappointed
I’ve been following your thread to see how they would solve your situation. I’m so sorry that all the communications, one after another, after another, have been disappointments. Hope the cs will make this right for you. Big Hugs!!

It just irks me that the customer service is so all over the place. I've had the privilege of 9/10 times be treated with amazing customer service. And not just at my usual boutique. I've been in Vegas, where they were lovely, and recently in Palm Dessert, where the sales associate Johnathan, and the manager went ABOVE and BEYOND to make my friend feel amazing during her first LV purchase. It's such a shame that the service varies so much. Makes me sad. I hope this gets resolved properly.

It just irks me that the customer service is so all over the place. I've had the privilege of 9/10 times be treated with amazing customer service. And not just at my usual boutique. I've been in Vegas, where they were lovely, and recently in Palm Dessert, where the sales associate Johnathan, and the manager went ABOVE and BEYOND to make my friend feel amazing during her first LV purchase. It's such a shame that the service varies so much. Makes me sad. I hope this gets resolved properly.
This is nice to hear you had such phenomenal experiences, congrats!
I’m in Germany and all this is going on in a southern German Store here. So I dont know if it‘s also a thing of mentality in our country :blah:…. I was often in the US, the people and kindness there is a whole different matter for the most part :rolleyes:
But of course a company like LV should have worldwide standards

Yes, this is exactly how they do it. The cut open the top 5-6 centimeters, replace the ring, fold the leather back and stitch it again, starting with 3 double stitches on both ends. This is how they replaced my Keepall handles. Never again, even though it was a brilliant job compared to this one.
Even though they did a brilliant job to your bag, it is still completely unacceptable that instead of redoing the whole stitching, they redo only a part of it and as a result they do that awful double stitching on both sides that is not even consistent with the original design of the bag. Lv is getting worse and worse……

No sadly no update yet…. Still waiting for the CS to have news for me…. Everytime I write or call I get no real answer. Guess they are playing at time till I give up….
Will call again today!
Really sad and embarassing for such a company!
And stupid me still loving the brand anyway and ordering new stuff (garden speedy, couldnt resist :nuts:)
Ill post an update when I have new infos…
But for sure I will never ever let them do a repair again. Im gonna just live with my bags no matter if they fall apart!

Thank you all for your replies. This forum ist just best :hugs:I will send pics to the SA tomorrow and complain about it.
Just sad we always have the hassle as a customer :annoyed: :cursing:
This means another time driving to the store an hour away, another time discussions with CS. Im so tired of that….
@23adeline Shocking to hear they ruined several of your bags! :eek: Super annoying it were limited editions with no replacement possible! I guess I will never take a bag to repair service again. Every local leather craftsman would have done better. Who‘s working there at LV, only trainees? :blah:
This happened to me too!

• Sad
Reactions: Cats&Bags