Look what they did….

Update: My SA texted me to bring the bag in again. She is not in store today but anyway I could bring it in, she informed the team and management. So I drove again to the store this morning as it is my office free day today.

You know what?? They dont accept my complaint! They say its my fault as I didnt immediately complain on Saturday when I picked it up. This is two days ago! Hell what?!
The manager was super arrogant, my proof pics from before they didnt want to see, because anyone could have made these pics and they could be fake….
Topping of all was, as the bag is from 2018, its an „already older“ bag and this could be wear and tear. So four years is an old item for them! I absolutely baby my bags and I rotate them constantly so none of them gets abuse…

My option now is to live with it or to order a new strap which costs me 200 Euro. To renew the leather sides on the bag itself would cost another 200 Euro….
They want to discuss my case tomorrow when my SA is back and then I get the final call about the result! I think depending on how this turnes out, LV keeps me as a client or loses me for all time….

Update: My SA texted me to bring the bag in again. She is not in store today but anyway I could bring it in, she informed the team and management. So I drove again to the store this morning as it is my office free day today.

You know what?? They dont accept my complaint! They say its my fault as I didnt immediately complain on Saturday when I picked it up. This is two days ago! Hell what?!
The manager was super arrogant, my proof pics from before they didnt want to see, because anyone could have made these pics and they could be fake….
Topping of all was, as the bag is from 2018, its an „already older“ bag and this could be wear and tear. So four years is an old item for them! I absolutely baby my bags and I rotate them constantly so none of them gets abuse…

My option now is to live with it or to order a new strap which costs me 200 Euro. To renew the leather sides on the bag itself would cost another 200 Euro….
They want to discuss my case tomorrow when my SA is back and then I get the final call about the result! I think depending on how this turnes out, LV keeps me as a client or loses me for all time….
That’s shocking. Do not accept that. Hopefully they’ll tell you tomorrow that they’ve come to the right decision by themselves and will replace it for you at no cost to you. Otherwise take it further — contact client services, preferably in writing, and tell them you want to make a complaint about the store/management and about the repairs centre. Totally unacceptable. I’ve just dropped an item off for repair and I would be horrified if it came back looking like yours did. Hoping for a quick resolution for you!

Agreeing with others. Escalate, go over the SM's head. Unacceptable!!! I am :rant: and it's not even my strap.

Thank you all for response! We‘ll see how this turns out tomorrow… I actually have a bad feeling. But then I will call / write CS as you suggested!

Fun thing on top was the fact, that the manager didn‘t agree that repair service unstitched and re-stitched the leather sides on the bag, as this wasn‘t ordered. Agree, it wasn‘t ordered, only heaven knows why they did that. But they did! It seems they exchanged the brass rivets. From there the damage comes and one can easily see the difference of before (one stitch) and after (double stitch). But the manager still denied! Stupid guy, thinks he can fool me! My eyes and my mind seem to be better than theirs!
(Please tell me Im not blind and you see the difference :lol: )

Attachments

• F59C9B50-9E5C-405D-ABDC-27BA0DDCCA94.jpeg
    F59C9B50-9E5C-405D-ABDC-27BA0DDCCA94.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 9AA7B677-9987-4DFB-9CF7-A2088F8DABF3.jpeg
    9AA7B677-9987-4DFB-9CF7-A2088F8DABF3.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 121
Thank you all for response! We‘ll see how this turns out tomorrow… I actually have a bad feeling. But then I will call / write CS as you suggested!

Fun thing on top was the fact, that the manager didn‘t agree that repair service unstitched and re-stitched the leather sides on the bag, as this wasn‘t ordered. Agree, it wasn‘t ordered, only heaven knows why they did that. But they did! It seems they exchanged the brass rivets. From there the damage comes and one can easily see the difference of before (one stitch) and after (double stitch). But the manager still denied! Stupid guy, thinks he can fool me! My eyes and my mind seem to be better than theirs!
They look like different bags with that damage! You’re right. Don’t back down, and escalate it if you need to!!

I would submit pictures to CS. You can do it on the app. I’d post the before and after pictures and make note of everything in the comment. Someone typically gets back to you within a few days. I recently received a repair back where they sent me a new strap that was in poor condition…they asked for pictures and it’s now back with repairs and I’m waiting on a brand new strap for another 6-8 weeks. Don’t worry, CS is pretty good at assisting with issues like this. I’m certain they will make the situation better :smile: you don’t even need to mention the store refused to assist you…just say you received your repair and your strap is damaged!

Yes, this is exactly how they do it. The cut open the top 5-6 centimeters, replace the ring, fold the leather back and stitch it again, starting with 3 double stitches on both ends. This is how they replaced my Keepall handles. Never again, even though it was a brilliant job compared to this one.

Yes, this is exactly how they do it. The cut open the top 5-6 centimeters, replace the ring, fold the leather back and stitch it again, starting with 3 double stitches on both ends. This is how they replaced my Keepall handles. Never again, even though it was a brilliant job compared to this one.
Well I wish they replaced the D-Rings, which are chipping. But no, they only exchanged the small buttons… :yucky:

• Sad
Reactions: Loriad and Aliluvlv
Next update: So there is no update as NOTHING happened yet. Neither the store manager nor my SA called back. CS responded to my complaint with a standard email about repair services….
So I called CS now, perhaps speaking helps better than writing. The CA was very kind and he will try to find out more about this case and then call me back….

So many people have failed you. Since when is it the customers responsibility to quality inspect the services provide by Vuitton? Clearly whoever provided the repair was not properly trained. In addition, who ever inspects repairs should have caught this horribly completed repair. In addition, anyone who looked at the bag at your stand alone boutique should have never returned this bag to you. This is not a minor flaw, this is a horrendous repair on the part of Louis Vuitton. Whoever you spoke to should be ashamed of both their response to you and the actual repair. Christ.

Next update: So there is no update as NOTHING happened yet. Neither the store manager nor my SA called back. CS responded to my complaint with a standard email about repair services….
So I called CS now, perhaps speaking helps better than writing. The CA was very kind and he will try to find out more about this case and then call me back….
Don't let it rest! Keep trying until you get someone who listens.

Haha unbelievable, now the store manager emailed me:….That they talked to their repair experts in Paris, bla bla bla…. They can absolutely rule out that they caused the damage. He can offer me to order a new strap for 200€…. Bla bla bla…..

You know what? I would do that, just to finish this trouble. I would purchase a new strap if this would be the only damage. But then the bag still has holes in the leather.
Gonna wait till the CA calls me back, then I will see. Im really sad and disappointed