Look what my Neverfull DE MM did to my shoulder.

Sep 29, 2011
I was in so much pain I ran into a change room to see what was going on. I'm so upset by this. Bag is new, bought in April. I'm trying to wear it a lot to get the straps worn in, but they're still stiff, standing straight up by themselves. I have nothing heavy in there. Even my wallet and cosmetic case are nylon from lesportsac. I bought it because it was one of the last "old style" ones with the script font interior. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404706064.443417.jpg Never even thought about the straps. Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking I'll need to either sell it, or just use it in colder months with heavy sweaters and jackets. What a bummer discovery.

I was in so much pain I ran into a change room to see what was going on. I'm so upset by this. Bag is new, bought in April. I'm trying to wear it a lot to get the straps worn in, but they're still stiff, standing straight up by themselves. I have nothing heavy in there. Even my wallet and cosmetic case are nylon from lesportsac. I bought it because it was one of the last "old style" ones with the script font interior. View attachment 2678156 Never even thought about the straps. Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking I'll need to either sell it, or just use it in colder months with heavy sweaters and jackets. What a bummer discovery.

Wow. I have Neverfull mm DE and I do admit the straps were very stiff when I first bought it but I never had this problem. They do soften up after a couple months of use. I think u should continue to wear it, but maybe not with tank tops.

Yep, happened to me in the first few months of wearing my NF MM. I remember one day when I wore it shopping for a few hours, I thought I had pulled a muscle on my shoulder! In my experience, it did soften with wear, mind you it was my everyday bag :smile:

Wow, that looks painful! The straps on my NF were pretty stiff at first too so I wore it with a shirt with sleeves until it softened. My straps still stand straight up but they are more comfortable and flexible when I wear it now. They will soften but I'd be careful until they do. So sorry OP!

Ouch… that is one of the reasons that I decided against the epi neverfull and went with Burberry's perferated tote because it had soft spongy straps that actually stayed on my shoulder. Which was another reason I forewent the neverfull.

I went through the same thing with my NF DE MM when it was new. I almost sold it for that reason but didn't and now I load it up for travel without a problem.

Sorry you went through that. I know how much it hurts.

thats awful - no, I haven't had this happen with my NF DE but maybe I don't use it often in the summer? I'm so sorry - I do think it will soften with time. GL!

I was in so much pain I ran into a change room to see what was going on. I'm so upset by this. Bag is new, bought in April. I'm trying to wear it a lot to get the straps worn in, but they're still stiff, standing straight up by themselves. I have nothing heavy in there. Even my wallet and cosmetic case are nylon from lesportsac. I bought it because it was one of the last "old style" ones with the script font interior. View attachment 2678156 Never even thought about the straps. Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking I'll need to either sell it, or just use it in colder months with heavy sweaters and jackets. What a bummer discovery.
Sorry to hear! I had a NF MM in DE for about a year and the straps never softened for me. This is one of the reasons I had to sell as well. It just did not work for me and I tried to wear it often but it would be a pain! Idk how others get their bags to soften but since this is treated leather it'll never be as soft as a mono/DA bag so I got a NF MM in mono. I love mine! Good luck with your decision!