Look what fedex dropped off today!!!! I'M SOOO EXCITED =)

ysl1983

Aug 28, 2007
My black/white downtown from the Spring '08 collection is finally here!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I originally planned on selling this bag even before it arrived because I found out it was black leather/white canvas (even though NM website describted it as all leather). However, as soon as I opened it, I totally fell in love! The canvas is treated/painted white so it's really structured actually. Although, it definitely feels prone to dirt/stains. But I just can't help how gorgeous it is! I'm gonna take it for a "test run" tomorrow at work when I know I have the least chance of ruining it....the we'll see how I feel. If I feel too worried about getting it dirty, then off to ebay it goes :confused1:

And here are modeling pics as well! Also, I can't believe that this bag is only a Medium! It's huge!

(oh yea, question...do your downtowns have Y-S-L embossed on the bottom? I thought that was cool ;) )

Attachments

• Photo 23.jpg
    Photo 23.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4,071
  • Photo 18.jpg
    Photo 18.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo 21.jpg
    Photo 21.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Photo 19.jpg
    Photo 19.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 159
You should definitely keep it, this bag looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I believe only certain style downtown has that embossed YSL on the bottom.
Congrats again on your purchase and enjoy!

Congratulations, it's really striking and the canvas takes what is normally a heavy-looking, leather bag and gives it a light, very summer-y feel. You'll have to let us know how the test run works out!

Thank you Ladies! She held up pretty well today during my test run. I used one of my dust bags to house all my things inside the bag since the inside is also white. I'm not sure I can stand doing this all the time.

I think she might have to go....although I really don't wanna sell on ebay esp after the horror stories i've read today. Any other ways to sell? I may just post on myspace or something. Maybe one of my friends would be interested. That way, I know where they live if they try to rip me off =)

I'm also starting to miss my Med Tribute =( I think I may buy one in a diff color as my lrg quilted croc. I just saw an amazing photo of Jen Aniston wearing one with a very sophisticated outfit.

If you planned on selling it before it arrived why didn't you just send it back?
It is a stunning bag and looks great on you. I myself would not last a day with a white bag.
I hope it works out for you in what ever you decide to do.

I actually couldn't get a refund or exchange. I tried that already...they told me that since I got it for a special discount (which I did), I had to keep it.

I'm not sure if you guys remember that whole ordeal with NM advertizing this bag on their website for like $200 something and a bunch of us actually ordered it...then they sent us the wrong bag (some Kooba clutch). so I complained and they did end up giving me the bag for a discount....but with a no return/exchange clause.