Look ma i can fly-i got wings!!! Sending this maxi baby back!!!

Hi Sorry to hear that the bag is not working for you...

but ladies... maybe the designers at Chanel purposely want to give the bag a slouchy look, it's intentionally and not a defect, and I think there might be people who likes their flap to look slouchy too, we do have members on tpf who don't like to buy Chanel classic flaps because they feel the flaps look too structured, JMO. :smile:

Yikes K! :wtf: Those are some serious wings going on there. No joke. It's a shame that the maxi isn't more structured. The black lamb maxi with gold hw is SO beautiful IRL. The chains are the perfect length and the bag is a great size (not too big). I really wish the bag a little more structure to it because I was seriously considering the purple. :sad: I didn't buy the PNY flap because I I didn't like how the flap lifted up and separated from the body of the bag. I think over time, the maxi flap will do the same. I saw the display lamb maxi today at the boutique and wasn't holding up too well. I guess I'll just have to wait for my made in France black caviar jumbo with gold hw. Maybe Chanel will have a more structured maxi for fall. :P

Don't you think that the Chanel bag designers thought that a very large rectangular bag such as this... might be better a bit slouchy? That they did this on purpose?

Not saying it was a good decision, apparently most people hate the unstructured bags.

I just think that they wanted the maxi softer... on purpose.:shrugs::shrugs:

No, I do not think that they did it on purpose- it makes no sense-if it was just a softer bag I think people might accept that but there are definite flaws with the flaps becasue they bend up and out and with time would be torqued and creased in a destructive way and not in a direction of the natural flow of the bag-I think they just dropped the ball. Also, if they were looking to just make a more relaxed bag style it would make more sense to have the bottom rounded and drapier- I do not think they would take a Jumbo and try and turn it into a HOBO???:shrugs:

HHMM, that is the same thing I noticed on the Cruise Red Jumbo, how the flap lifted up and did not close tight with the body of the bag....:heart:H

Yikes K! :wtf: Those are some serious wings going on there. No joke. It's a shame that the maxi isn't more structured. The black lamb maxi with gold hw is SO beautiful IRL. The chains are the perfect length and the bag is a great size (not too big). I really wish the bag a little more structure to it because I was seriously considering the purple. :sad: I didn't buy the PNY flap because I I didn't like how the flap lifted up and separated from the body of the bag. I think over time, the maxi flap will do the same. I saw the display lamb maxi today at the boutique and wasn't holding up too well. I guess I'll just have to wait for my made in France black caviar jumbo with gold hw. Maybe Chanel will have a more structured maxi for fall. :P

Yes, Mine looks closer to the first one posted on TPF-remember the sloppy red pic? Do you know where the MAXI's are being made? I did not think to look when I had it out? I too need a caviar Jumbo from France-Are the majority of them being made elswhere? I would love to find a replacement bag since I feel badly for my SA too-We both loose KWIM!!!

Last edited:
HHMM, that is the same thing I noticed on the Cruise Red Jumbo, how the flap lifted up and did not close tight with the body of the bag....:heart:H

I did not know that- I never loaded up or used my red-maybe that is why they stopped production and are supposed to release again in the future?

I read someone say that the life of the MAXI is suppossed to be 2 years -maybe that is the reason for the softer thinner leather so that they do not wear like the old ones for 20 years- encourage people to buy them more frequently???

No,no, please lets not go there. They did not stop production that i know of....as a matter of fact, there is more demand for the red caviar cruise jumbo than supply.. What I am describing, was already addressed with pictures., it is a longer neck on the closure which makes the flap stick out from the body more than I had seen before., it is not a defect. The problems with the Maxi that you have described, and the pictures surely are a reason for concern, what a shame., The Maxi is such a good looking bag, what a shame if it is not properly constructed.:heart:H

I did not know that- I never loaded up or used my red-maybe that is why they stopped production and are supposed to release again in the future?

LVLux, I'm sorry to hear about your defective bag. It is so disppointing to hear that some of the Maxis are sprouting wings. I guess it's inevitable when you name the bag "Maxi." LOL. :P
My black caviar jumbo is from 2007 and is made in France, and yet it had some issues too as well from the beginning. The front flap does not lie flat against the front of the body. Also, there was some loose stitching on the top of the bag.

Habanerita, I have the same issue with two of my caviar jumbo flaps. The black jumbo from 2007 and the Cruise 09 red jumbo. The front flap does not lie flat against the front of the body of the bag. I don't know when they changed the structure of the bag to make this happen.

Yes, Mine looks closer to the first one posted on TPF-remember the sloppy red pic? Do you know where the MAXI's are being made? I did not think to look when I had it out? I too need a caviar Jumbo from France-Are the majority of them being made elswhere? I would love to find a replacement bag since I feel badly for my SA too-We both loose KWIM!!!

Believe it or not, they are made in France. Everything about the bag is perfect, the stitching, the leather, the shape. It's just the slouchiness that I can't handle. I prefer flaps to be structured and totes/hobos (like the cabas) to be slouchy. :yes: I'll just have to wait for my stiff, caviar jumbo.

Then the change must have taken place in 2007 since my 2006 jumbo's flap lies flat against the body of the bag. I don't think the body of the bag was changed., I looked at the red Cruise caviar closely, and I think the neck of the lock is longer and goes up a bit instead of straight out, therefore making the flap stay a bit separated from the bag instead of flush against it.. I was told that the reason for this change was that there had been problems regarding scratching of the CC by the lock in the past and the lock getting a bit stuck in the past and therefore this change was made. Again, it is not a defect and production was not stopped on the Cruise red jumbo, it was just a change that I noticed.:heart:H