"Look Good, Feel Better" - For women dealing with/healing from cancer

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just got back from an event called "Look Good, Feel Better". It's a program that shows women who have/have had cancer, chemo, etc, how to deal with the side effects with makeup, hats, scarves and wigs. And they give you a free goodie bag of cosmetics, worth $250 to $300. Some of the items in mine were a Chanel pallette of four eyeshows, four lipcolors and a blush; a Chanel lip gloss; Aveda lipsticks; Elizabeth Arden foundation; Origins moisturizing lotion, and ton of other products from Maybelline, Estee Lauder, Max Factor and more. It was great to also meet other women going through the same things as I am and share stories and ideas. The website to find out where these events are being held in your area is:

http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org/

2. You can also call the American Cancer Society toll free at 1.800.227.2345 and ask them about the program. This number will link you up to your local office or a patient navigator(if one is in your area) and they will be able to tell you if a Look Good...Feel Better program is in your area and when the next session will be.

3. I think this program is absolutely amazing. I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer with the program and it was honestly one of the best experiences I have ever had. The expressions on the faces of the participants really was priceless. Sorry to get off topic, just wanted to throw this out there.