Longevity of Azur SLGs

Here are some pics of the wear and tear on mine. It was purchased in 2013 and I only use it during the summer months. From a distance it looks fine, up close you can see the wear. I carry my keys on the clip and put cards, cash & lipbalm inside.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469121669.866756.jpg

Reactions: kquyenie
I sold my DA cosmetic bag for this reason. The canvas and interior were fine but I hated the zipper. I also was paranoid that the interior of my DE neverfull (red) would transfer onto the canvas. I got rid of it because I could never just use it without the worry. You should pick another print, if you are worrying already.

I'm a DA woman through and through but have discovered that the 6 key holder - which I was using daily for awhile - is definitely too high maintenance to care for with the white interior. Keys get gunked up constantly inside of doorknobs so I was cleaning it all the time, not practical for keys. I just took mine to consignment actually. But if you stick with mono/DE/darker color leathers you should be good if you want a key SLG. I might reinvest in one someday bc I thought the 6-key holder was crazy useful, especially with the little pocket in back if you are running out for a quick errand & just need keys and ID/debit card on hand.

But DA is my fav LV canvas pattern, hands down. I have a DA business card holder that I use as a small wallet inside of tiny bags & a mini pochette and love them both! And a DA Speedy which is always in regular rotation. DA is sharp, love it the most! :heart:

Reactions: kquyenie
I'm a DA woman through and through but have discovered that the 6 key holder - which I was using daily for awhile - is definitely too high maintenance to care for with the white interior. Keys get gunked up constantly inside of doorknobs so I was cleaning it all the time, not practical for keys. I just took mine to consignment actually. But if you stick with mono/DE/darker color leathers you should be good if you want a key SLG. I might reinvest in one someday bc I thought the 6-key holder was crazy useful, especially with the little pocket in back if you are running out for a quick errand & just need keys and ID/debit card on hand.

But DA is my fav LV canvas pattern, hands down. I have a DA business card holder that I use as a small wallet inside of tiny bags & a mini pochette and love them both! And a DA Speedy which is always in regular rotation. DA is sharp, love it the most! :heart:

How is your card holder holding up? I have been debating an Azur Emilie wallet for the past few days now. I think it is SO beautiful for the summer (especially with the RB interior, but I know that it is next to nil that I will be able to locate one), but am scared that it will get dirty. I have Ebene bags, so it will rub against the red interior, and some of my other non LV bags have colored interiors too. I never liked the azur print, but lately it's really been on my mind. I need an excuse to get one! :smile:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. You made me realise that keys get gunked up indeed (& that door key slots probably never get cleaned!). So no DA for key stuff for me, maybe a wallet or a summer bag then (Speedy I'm looking at you!)

How is your card holder holding up? I have been debating an Azur Emilie wallet for the past few days now. I think it is SO beautiful for the summer (especially with the RB interior, but I know that it is next to nil that I will be able to locate one), but am scared that it will get dirty. I have Ebene bags, so it will rub against the red interior, and some of my other non LV bags have colored interiors too. I never liked the azur print, but lately it's really been on my mind. I need an excuse to get one! :smile:

I'm on the same boat with the Emilie in DA!

LOVE my business card holder. I think they key is choosing SLGs in DA that don't have an outward facing zipper if you're going to be bummed out about the eventual grunge. I had a DA Zippy wallet for a short period of time (bought at consignment) but sold it in favor of a Vernis Zippy in a dark color (Bleu Nuit which is cool bc it looks green in certain light and blue in others) and an Epi Zippy Organizer in a dark color (Cassis which delights me every time I open it up bc the interior is pink) which can both handle more of a beating. Which btw I have to say I know there's random "blah preloved" sentiment on TPF but I personally love trying out preloved SLGs because it's made me a better informed buyer when I go to the boutique. Like when I bought my DA business card holder fresh from LV, I knew it was exactly what I wanted!

The business card holder has no zipper so I love using it as a small wallet. Plus it has tons of pockets, 4 for cards on one side plus 3 other diagonal pockets on the other for biz cards, etc. And space behind both flaps for cash. I used to have a vintage biz card holder in mono awhile back and loved it too, other than my NF and TP 19 though I just prefer the look of DA so I brought the mono biz card holder back to my local consignment shop awhile back so the next fashionable person can enjoy it.

DA is worth the extra TLC but I definitely know myself & consider the fine line on what's too much maintenance to be practical. Definitely support the idea of a DA Speedy though, I love mine so hard! :heart:

Reactions: PuccaNGaru
Came home to walk my pup at lunch & snapped 2 quick pics for you:

pSXUmAo.jpg

ghnOprc.jpg

The little tag from LV says it's a pocket organizer and not specifically a business card holder but it is perfect for my needs

I have used my DA Emilie everyday for 1.5 years now. She still looks good - yes a little wear and tear but no more than any other wallet would be. If you love her and will use her, she is worth the price! I just bought a DA mini-pochette as well! Don't be scared. :smile:

Came home to walk my pup at lunch & snapped 2 quick pics for you:

pSXUmAo.jpg

ghnOprc.jpg

The little tag from LV says it's a pocket organizer and not specifically a business card holder but it is perfect for my needs
wow yours holds up so well! It's so useful reading everyone's sharing and experience on here, I definitely won't say no to DA, so it's great to know which DA slgs will be worth getting.