Longchamp

Of course white leather is more delicate and needs to be looked after.

However, I have two other Longchamp bags in white leather, and they seem to be rather stain-resistant. Although I am not sure whether that white Rodeo bag has the same kind of leather.

Thanks for the information. I hope it's the same leather since I know some leathers pick up stains really easily.

I have four Longchamp bags and love them. One of the large Planetes totes, one small Pliage handbag, a leather hobo, and one of their original classic large bucket bags (with the silver bamboo toggle). I think they tend to have classic styles.

The Planetes bags are a little more sturdy than the Pliage (and a little more modern).

hahah. that's not as bad as when i spilled ketchup all over the inside of my le pliage and notes/planner/etc. (bad karma, i stole a bottle of ketchup from the dining hall back at college a while ago)

anyway, some light rinsing and scrubbing later, it was good as new =)
i treat mine like crap too and its still functioning

i love my longchamp totes. they are definitely my throw-around bags. someone spilled coffee all over my taupe bag and its fine now! (we wiped off as much as possible) i don't take care of them and throw them around everywhere and they are still in great shape. though i end up tossing everything inside and then have a hard time sifting through to find something. oh well!

I just bought the black pliage and i love it! Is it very durable to hold a laptop on a daily basis?

At first I didn't think I would like the black and the brown on the handles together but when I saw it in person I thought it looked really nice and the handles dress it up.

I tend to think of Longchamp in the same way that I think of Francesco Basia - great quality, under the radar workhorse bags that represent terrific value for money. I have never owned one, but know that I could . . .if that makes any sense at all!
I have a francesco basia bag and I love it! It is a medium-large bag with nice detail and was $300 but I think it looks like it would cost a lot more because the leather quality and the detail of the purse is so good.

Can anyone tell me the price of a Longchamp Le Pliage medium sized bag with short handles? I'm going to get my friend to get it for me in London.. what's the price going to be like for the medium?

And what are the best colours to get? I kind of like taupe... and chocolate..
Help?

hahah. that's not as bad as when i spilled ketchup all over the inside of my le pliage and notes/planner/etc. (bad karma, i stole a bottle of ketchup from the dining hall back at college a while ago)

anyway, some light rinsing and scrubbing later, it was good as new =)
i treat mine like crap too and its still functioning

I even put mine in the washing maschine. No problem for the Pliage. Looks like new afterwards.

I'm in Spain right now and the le pliage bags are really cheaper here! I paid 72 Euros (about $105.00) for my med black pliage with long handles... normally they retail for $145!
If you're in Europe for vaca... its worth checking it out!

I have 5 short handle medium le pliage, 1 long handle medium la planetes and a short handle limited edition "AFRICA" le pliage... they have been with me to the Basque Regions of Spain, South of France, Madrid, Barcelona, South of Spain, Paris, Nice, Avignon, Prague, Austria, Portugal, the US (NYC, LA, SF), Beijing, and ra few weeks ago, all around Turkey and to Dubai... they have been the PERFECT traveling tote--- it fits all the essentials including a huge shawl. I was never a fan until I realized the difference between carrying the LONGCHAMP and my Feragamo or YSL or other leather bags for that matter (maybe with the exception of the RH Balenciaga). It's a throw around bag that you don't have to worry about plus it weighs like a feather! LOVE IT!

I use it with an easy to pull-out bag organizer, I can transfer ALL my things in one go if need be--- the organizer fits my other bags as well :smile:

What kind of model it was?

I personally own ten Longchamp bags. 7 of them are 100% leather, except for the interior lining. 3 of them are Pliages, which are made of nylon canvas and have leather handles.

To be frank, my Longchamps have the best price-quality ratio, compared to all other bags I own.

I have two Le Pliages and one Planete, and all have leather handles. I absolutely love them! Maybe the ones with the pleather were fakes?

Last edited: