Longchamp, tell me more! Help me!

Mamatutu

O.G.
Jan 2, 2011
I will be going to Ireland for a month and was trying to figure out what purse to bring and I have none with a crossbody and zip top so I went shopping. After a couple of weeks still no bag and down to the wire. I was going to get a Louis Vuitton Speedy B but they don't have one in stock locally in the size I want so they are going to call me when they get one in. So while I wait I was looking for other suggestions still wondering if LV is the way to go. I was looking for something nice, crossbody, zip top, handle option as well, quality that will stand up, and I will want to use after..... Longchamp was suggested again and again.

Today I went to a store here that carries Longchamp and not a fan of the nylon bags as I don't think they will work well day to night (still planning on throwing a smaller bag inside like a wristlet but have kids so may need the bigger bag). I found the Le Pliage Cuir Leather Handbag in the medium size and it is nice but there was a leather issue with a gray/tan color. A spot where it was harder and stiff and winkling so they are getting another in as I didn't want black (have many black bags). So I am wondering as simple an no frills as the bag is how is the quality for $555? Are they worth it? They are light weight and actually had style for the no frills but want to make sure it holds up and is worth the money. Looking for love/ hate, any information and opinions you have! Thanks!

I love my Le Pliage Cuir--I have several colors. I did not pay full price for any of them, and I use them a lot because they are soft, lightweight, and the style works for me.
One of my older ones (which I bought used) has some corner wear. I have used this one a lot and it hasn't gotten any worse, and overall I haven't had problems with anything.
If you tried it on and liked the strap length that's a plus, as the strap isn't adjustable.

I love my Le Pliage Cuir--I have several colors. I did not pay full price for any of them, and I use them a lot because they are soft, lightweight, and the style works for me.
One of my older ones (which I bought used) has some corner wear. I have used this one a lot and it hasn't gotten any worse, and overall I haven't had problems with anything.
If you tried it on and liked the strap length that's a plus, as the strap isn't adjustable.

Thank you. Yes I did try it on and being shorter it works out great for me without worrying about not having the strap adjustable. I haven't been able to find any deals on them as there are only two stores here that carry them, one being Nordstroms and having a very very small selection. I haven't been able to find any deals online either.

Thank you. Yes I did try it on and being shorter it works out great for me without worrying about not having the strap adjustable. I haven't been able to find any deals on them as there are only two stores here that carry them, one being Nordstroms and having a very very small selection. I haven't been able to find any deals online either.

The large Cuir is on sale in 4 colors!!!

http://www.whatshebuys.com/brands-longchamp-lepliage-cuir.html

Medium Cuir on sale in 5 colors!!!

http://www.bagshop.com/s/a/Handbags/Longchamp/Pliage+Cuir.htm

sands point shop has 20% off through this evening, I think. Summer14 is the code.

sands point shop has 20% off through this evening, I think. Summer14 is the code.

Thank you! I will check it out right now! I have never heard of this site either. Is this one you have shopped at? I was looking for a list of authorized Longchamp retailers on their site but couldn't find one.

Thank you! I will check it out right now! I have never heard of this site either. Is this one you have shopped at? I was looking for a list of authorized Longchamp retailers on their site but couldn't find one.

I have bought from all 3 of those sites :smile: and have been happy with what I got. My one issue with Sandspoint is that my orders are delayed.

All 3 of these sites are authorized Longchamp online retailers. I would not refer anyone to a site that I have not previously verified through Longchamp CS. I received my Plum Planetes from bagshop 2 weeks ago, and several PFer's have shopped at each of these retailers. :yes: