Longchamp Pliage & the Bolide

Would a Tesco bag suffice? They are free and would do the same job:graucho:].

LOL, I do, but I splurge on the Tesco 10p 'green' bags, they are the perfect size for a 35cm Kelly, they fold up to nothing and weigh nothing so it's always in my Kelly just in case of rain.

I use the Pliage for travel when I have to push Kelly or Bolide under the seat and for travelling in less salubrious areas, when I want to keep a low bag profile.

LOL, have bought 2 bags for my Kelly (they double up for my Bolide too) One is the pliage, and then for the inside of Kelly, a VIP bag insert oh and another present for my bag, a 'purse hook' from so-hooked.com!

My H bags are spoiled rotten, lol.

When you go to Paris, the Longchamp store is just a couple of blocks away from FSH.

Love it Tangle! I bought a new Longchamp black microfiber bag with the long handles just as a tote while in Vegas...I have a "pink" one I always used but decided dh could carry the black perhaps easier lol!!

^^LOVE Yours!!

Just bought a lilach one from Bloomingdales, and it fits my 30cm bag perfectly. I used it for shopping and I leave the pilage in my car for my 30cm Birkin or Evelyne right now....just in case the kids get my bags dirty:Push::sweatdrop:

Um..makes me laugh that people want to buy a bag for their bag!? :roflmfao: and I know I'll probably get flamed but I can understand it keeps it dry / protected / clean etc but surely when you pay all that money for a Birkin you'd want it to be on show..otherwise would it not have been better saving yourself some money and buying a Longchamp bag in the first place? Would a Tesco bag suffice? They are free and would do the same job:graucho:].

LOL. I wanted a Pliage, and thought it would be good to get one large enough to fit my Bolide, for the air travel reasons others already mentioned. There were earlier threads about the best size for Birkins, but I hadn't found any posts about what size fits a Bolide. Just thought other Bolide owners might be interested.

The REALLY annoying thing about those Longchamps bags is that just about every other country EXCEPT the UK has the ability to "design your own". Ireland has it, France, Sweden etc but not the UK...NO FAIR!!:crybaby:

[sorry for the non-Brits on the website, Tesco is the largest chain of supermarket in the UK..nearly every city / town/ village / spare bit of land has one..they give away plastic bags at the tillpoint.

Though there was a recent "In" bag produced by Anya Hindmarch for a rival company called Sainsbury that was £5 but because it was a limited edition it was selling on Ebay for between £50 and even £1000. Google "I'm Not a Plastic Bag and you'll find a photo"].

DH keeps telling me the only bag I really need is a "Poo" bag for our dog!!:rolleyes:

I guess he'll never understand!

I saw the horror on a lady at SNA, CA airport just last week...when her Birkin 35cm Blue Jean Clemence strap (You know..the Strap the goes around the bag with the HW) got STUCK on the metal roller...scratched the Hardware (I think it got bent since the TSA personnel, FORCEFULLY YANK!! it to let it go AND there were other big luggage going on TOP of it, running it over) The poor Birkin came out and have large, obvious Black Marks all over the straps and the sides. She was mortified and upset, about to cry. I wanted to help, but I have to get to my plane to work. I did told her and recommended to take it to Hermes Spa ASAP!! Neither TSA or any security personnel will reimburse or care about it. Nothing was done.

This story made my skin crawl. I don't think I would have been able to hold my tears back!:wtf: