Longchamp newbie question - how to care / maintain LP Cuir?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi

I'm a newbie here and have recently bought LP Cuir. I'm just wondering how should I take care of this new baby?

I happen to have Dubbin that I use for my other leather product, I'm wondering if I can use this for my bag as well?

Also, I know that LC has a cream of its own but Coach's cream is 3x cheaper - I'm wondering if I can use it on this LP Cuir as well?

Thanks for your answer in advance!

2. I don't know what Dubbin is, but I use the same cleaner/conditioner on my cuirs that I use on my other leathers. I use a small amount of Blackrock's on the corners to hopefully prevent possible corner wear.

3. I use the Longchamp recommended Saphir leather balm. It's cheaper to buy elsewhere, LC sells tiny bottles for twice the price.
    I give my Cuir a good slathering of Saphir every 9-10 months, that's all I do. If there's a stain, I remove it immediately using a baby wipe or a moist towelette, followed by Saphir. That's all I do.
    I love Cuir leather, it's so soft and tough. Am wanting a Mini at some point. :smile:

4. Thanks for the answer! I guess then I can do the same thing with my Coach moisturizer :smile:

I LOVE this Cuir too. I'm thinking of saving up for some other color as well :smile: