Longchamp Neo - handles wrapped in plastic = fake?

sleepykris

Dec 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I couldn't find a thread about this and only found information that longchamps with plastic on the handles are fake. however, i just picked up the bloomingdale's limited edition longchamp large neo tote in emerald and the handles are wrapped in plastic. the sales lady brought it out from their stockroom as i did not want the display model. i purchased a regular le pliage at the longchamp store about 2 weeks ago and the handles were not wrapped in plastic - the sales lady opened up a new one in front of me and the whole bag was in a plastic bag.

are the plastic wrapped handle normal for the neo pliages? i refuse to buy on ebay because i cannot tell fakes unless they are really bad.

Thanks!

My medium bamboo tote came wrapped in plastic that was perforated so that it easily came apart from the handles. I doubt that Bloomies would have fake bags. My two other LP bags had handles that weren't wrapped in plastic.

Last edited:
The handles of the Longchamp bags I bought from Bloomies also had plastic on their handles. For other brands, having plastic on the handles means it's most likely fake. I've learned here on the Longchamp subforum that this is not the case for Longchamp - there are authentic Longchamp bags that really have plastic (usually perforated) wrapped on the handles. Some fakes could definitely still have plastic on the handles too though - it just means that for Longchamp, having plastic on the handles doesn't automatically mean it's fake.

Hope that helps/makes sense. I agree with the prior poster that if you bought it from Bloomie's, it is highly unlikely that it's fake. I can understand your paranoia though - I even had the first Longchamp I bought from Bloomie's authenticated here because I was paranoid. My bag was definitely authentic and confirmed by the authenticator here as such.

Thanks Mahogany and EGBDF!

Anonymoose - I just started carrying the neo today and have not yet carried the planetes. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the plastic zipper either, it makes the bag look slightly sporty though the emerald color of the zipper itself makes it blend in and the emerald color of the bag itself and the matching handles make it a bit more formal. However, I do find the zipper easier to open than on my regular pliage. I'm on the fence about the satin material, I think the fabric used for the planetes looks better. Hopefully the satin on your neo won't pill? Hopefully LC will bring planetes back in the future, it's a lot prettier!

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a large neo navy from a Facebook seller and it turned out to be fake. It also had plastic wrapped on the handles but they are not perforated. I sent photos of the differences between the one she sold me and bought from boutique and her reason was that those sold in boutiques and from reseller is different as her supplier got from Longchamp warehouse which is in France. Seriously??!! Don't the warehouse/factory in France produce the same product?? It doesnt make sense that boutique and reseller got from the warehouse/ factory is different. I seriously don't understand what she is trying to say. I think it's not that easy for an outsider to get from the warehouse right? And I dont think these companies will allow such things.

I recently ordered a large Planetes from Bloomingdales.com and an LM Cuir Tote from Nordstrom.com. Both had perforated plastic on the handles and looked pristine and never been handled. I assume they are authentic with the perforated plastic on the handles coming from Bloomingdales.com and Nordstrom.com.

I have a question. Is there really a LC Neo in Turquoise? They say it's a limited edition but I'm not so sure because LC website doesn't show that color.

Do you mean the Emerald Limited Edition Neo?

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...=1112400&CategoryID=16958&LinkType=#fn=spp=29

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...o-medium?ID=1037080&CategoryID=16958#fn=spp=1

Or these older styles in turquoise--

http://www.whatshebuys.com/brands-longchamp-handbags-turquoise-longchamp.html

There also used to be the Le Pliage in turquoise.