Longchamp le pliage or planetes?

laura81

Jun 17, 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking for a workhorse bag which will be durable enough to carry work papers about (a4 size pads and papers, etc) but will also be stylish.

So far my search is leading me to longchamp.

I've no experience with this brand so any recommendation on size, etc would be welcome!

I have an 3 years old large sized le pliage in dark blue, that is very longlasting and A4-documents totally fit in. I can recommend it.It is very durable and not sensitive to the weather.

The planete is more elegant and they have different sizes. The material is thicker and looks so classy.
I have some Longchamps, but I just bought them by seeing them in the Longchamp boutiques, I am unfortunately not able to tell you facts about the sizes.
Just check the sizes at the website.
Let's wait for other members posts.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a workhorse bag which will be durable enough to carry work papers about (a4 size pads and papers, etc) but will also be stylish.

I've no experience with this brand so any recommendation on size, etc would be welcome!
I have both in the large size with long handles and I like the Planetes better. It's a thicker nylon that's waterproof and more durable than the nylon used in the Pliage. I've also noticed that my Planetes has held up better than the Pliage.

I primarily use them for daily use and carry a notebook, textbook, wallet, and a couple small bags. There's only one small pocket on the top near the handles, so I put small things like pens, chapstick, and lotion in small makeup bags.

Hi all,

I think the planetes would make a better work bag. It looks more professional and polished, and I like the black leather on black nylon. It's also more durable and holds it's shape better. The le pliage looks a little university student or weekend-ish. I ordered both, and ended up returning the planetes for the only reason that I wanted the option to fold up the bag, which might be unnecessary for you.

I have a black medium long handle Planetes, and I love it.

I find it way more classy and understated than the le pliage. As well, the material is thicker, more waterproof, it holds up better and doesn't have those bumps when you put things in it. So the outside always looks more structured, which I really like.

I would definitely recommend the Planetes. However, you will probably need the large size. The medium can fit more than you would expect, but for quite a few papers as well as your lunch, it would get pretty squished.

Good luck!