Longchamp Le Pliage Large VS MAB

Blistered

:) <3 !!
Jun 7, 2007
Hey ladies,

I am still having a bit of trouble visualizing what size the MAB is and whether I should settle for a MAM instead.

I usually carry a Longchamp Le Pliage in Large (for school!) and it's perfect for me, fits my folders, books, laptop and I can throw in a pair of shoes too!

Would I be abe to do this with a MAB (or even a MAM) as well? What's particularly important to me is that laptops and folders should be able to fit in as that is primarily what I carry and if I'm not take those, no reason not to take out the MAC (okay I still haven't chose a color for that yet, but I am getting one, this has already been decided).

Thank you all for you advice!!!

B

Are you talking about using a MAB for school instead, i.e. using it to carry your folders, books, laptop etc in it on a daily basis? TBH, I'm not sure I'd recommend that for the MAB, or any leather bag for that matter! It's likely to get really heavy, and I'm not sure the MAB can withstand it. I'd be worried about the base creasing over time as well, since it's so wide and the weight of your load could weaken the cardboard (or whatever) reinforcement in the base.

I'm pretty sure someone here uses the Knocked Up bag as a laptop bag, though. Try searching for it, you should be able to find a thread! The Knocked Up might be a better idea size-wise for what you're talking about.

I agree with starkfan, and to add- the nikki or devote might be able to fit a laptop & folders, but it's not a good laptop bag. Some of the older bags made might have been good for laptops, but there aren't any available right now.

Yes, it seems so! Who would have ever guessed. I was visualizing it to be about the size of an overnight bag... but it actually seems rather functional (even for school! without the laptop! now if I could only find one with brass hardware!)

There are tons of threads on the best RM for work. MABs and MAMs are not. Nikki's maybe, it depends on the size of your laptop.If its one of those sub 10 inch netbooks then it might fit, otherwise time to use another model.

Probably to fit everything, the duo. I use a hazelnut steady and getaway tote.