Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir - your opinions

Hi, I just have a question and I am sure the girls and boys here would help me!!!
Currently I am using the le pliage cuir in medium and using an organizer from my Marc Jacobs small tote bag.
The size doesnt really fit so I have some places left on the both sides.
My question is now: do you use an organizer in your medium le pliage cuir? If yes, should I get one that fits or just leave it as it is!!!!

I am attaching a photo! I have put the organizer on the right side now

thank you!!

Attachments

• 261ED945-6790-4A74-8EB3-8E73BFBEC40E.jpeg
    261ED945-6790-4A74-8EB3-8E73BFBEC40E.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I'm so torn about whether to get Le Pliage cuir in size Small or Medium (both in sky blue although the small in the attached photo is in a different color). Any recommendations? Small in person seemed too small while Medium is a bit big. Medium would cost me around $580 USD (taxes included) while Small around $500 USD (I'd be buying it online on ******* website since I can't locate S in sky blue in local stores). Hmm.. any recommendations? It will be my first Longchamp cuir. I'm 5'7 (about 170 cm) and not slim.

Attachments

• 20220126_165041.jpg
    20220126_165041.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220126_164954.jpg
    20220126_164954.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 129
I'm so torn about whether to get Le Pliage cuir in size Small or Medium (both in sky blue although the small in the attached photo is in a different color). Any recommendations? Small in person seemed too small while Medium is a bit big. Medium would cost me around $580 USD (taxes included) while Small around $500 USD (I'd be buying it online on ******* website since I can't locate S in sky blue in local stores). Hmm.. any recommendations? It will be my first Longchamp cuir. I'm 5'7 (about 170 cm) and not slim.
From the pics, I like the way the medium looks on you. It has a more casual vibe imo.

Reactions: westvillage
Hmm.. any recommendations?
I'm 178cm, not far from your height and I've owned both the small and medium. I tried many times to enjoy using my medium as a daily bag but I just do not carry enough. The only time whereby I truly felt the medium's space works for me is when I travel. It fits all my cold weather essentials like thick scarf, thermos, gloves, beanie and umbrella. I live in a tropical country and the small works very well for me. I guess it very much depends on what you carry on a daily basis? The small is actually quite generous in terms of size and I'm still able to fit all my essential plus umbrella, water bottle and a cardigan. I've rehomed and repurchased, then rehomed again all my medium cuirs. If you don't carry a lot, it can feel like you have a lot of space but if you are one that feels comfortable with extra space, then it is a different story. For me, I just feel I'm lugging around empty space.

If yes, should I get one that fits or just leave it as it is
I will choose to leave it as it is. Having used bag organisers of all sorts and custom making one from Sarmorga, I found I prefer a slouchy and softer look for the cuir. If the organiser is very fitting, the cuir will look more structured and in my experience, I found I don't have extra space at the sides for anything extra. I used to carry a fair bit when my child was younger so whenever I need more space for extras, the organiser is too fitting. With a smaller organiser, I have space for a cardigan or a small book.

I guess it also depends on the preferred look you want for your cuir?

I guess it also depends on the preferred look you want for your cuir?

I always prefer to have my bags organized LOL, I dont really like the slouchy look to be honest but I love the leather of this bag. I just cant stop touching and smelling my bag :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I use my cuir mostly for work. Yes, you are right, with a smaller organiser I always can make extra space for other things. I will just leave as it is.

Thanks for your comment :smile:

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I'm 178cm, not far from your height and I've owned both the small and medium. I tried many times to enjoy using my medium as a daily bag but I just do not carry enough. The only time whereby I truly felt the medium's space works for me is when I travel. It fits all my cold weather essentials like thick scarf, thermos, gloves, beanie and umbrella. I live in a tropical country and the small works very well for me. I guess it very much depends on what you carry on a daily basis? The small is actually quite generous in terms of size and I'm still able to fit all my essential plus umbrella, water bottle and a cardigan. I've rehomed and repurchased, then rehomed again all my medium cuirs. If you don't carry a lot, it can feel like you have a lot of space but if you are one that feels comfortable with extra space, then it is a different story. For me, I just feel I'm lugging around empty space.
Yes, good point. I generally don't carry very much in my bags. I absolutely love the color, that's why I want to have a bag in this color.

Big LC leather fan here BUT …

I have 3 cuirs and they’ve all developed corner wear with light to sometimes moderate use. And then there’s my key pouch which I’ve used for about a year. The appearance is so worn that I think LC’s cuir leather should not be used for items that get frequent use. In this past year, due to Covid, I haven’t needed my keys even on an everyday basis. The pouch gets more use being rotated from bag to bag than it does having keys removed. So… I’ve wanted to post this for awhile. Every time I take the pouch out, I think “I have to tell someone about this!” And so now I’ve had that catharsis :smile:

View attachment 5306799
View attachment 5306798
View attachment 5306800

Omg!!! I’ve fainted! Guess I stopped using my Cuir wallet way too early

Reactions: westvillage
Hi everyone! I just received a new Small Le Pliage Cuir which I ordered from Brand Alley here in the UK. It has the thinner cross body strap rather than the wide one, am I right to think this is an older model? Does anyone know approximately when Longchamp changed to the wider straps? I'm happy with the bag I got, especially when it was a great price but I'm just curious to see how old this bag might be!

Hi everyone! I just received a new Small Le Pliage Cuir which I ordered from Brand Alley here in the UK. It has the thinner cross body strap rather than the wide one, am I right to think this is an older model? Does anyone know approximately when Longchamp changed to the wider straps? I'm happy with the bag I got, especially when it was a great price but I'm just curious to see how old this bag might be!

I think it was AW2019 as my Burgundy Cuir of that season has the wide strap