Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Crossbody : wear and tear ?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Should i keep my Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir crossbody bag ?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Hi everyone! I recently bought a le pliage Cuir crossbody in color blue (pilot).

I really like this bag (shape, look, softness) but I'm wondering how it's gonna hold up and look after a few months/years of use.
    I know that this type of leather is prone to marks, i worry about color transfer and rain stains also since it's not waterproof. I'm on the look for a crossbody bag that's holding up good through years and one i don't have to worry about.
    I still haven't used the bag and can return it for free, so if you have this le pliage cuir crossbody for a while, can you please tell me about its condition ? Is it aging well ? and do you think it is worth keeping it ?

Thank you so much in advance !!!

2. I have a Fuchsia Medium Cuir and a Cherry Mini. The Medium is 5 yrs old and I've carried it a lot, mostly when traveling. Last summer I scratched it really hard (on something, can't rem what) and it got it's first little mark. I was expecting it to have a huge dent on it but nope, just a tiny mark and not that deep.
    Other than that the leather has survived everything else; I don't think the bag is really that prone to damage. The corners have some slight marks of the color wearing off but it's easy to fix - you can color treat the leather yourself (you can buy a color reviving product from the LC store) or send it to France and have LC do it for you.
    I've never had any discoloration, not with my Cherry Mini or the Medium Fuchsia and I've worn them with everything.
    I don't know what will happen if you have a brand new pair of wet dark blue jeans on, but that's a scenario that isn't really something I expect to happen in the near future...

frenziedhandbag likes this.