Longchamp Le Planetes being discontinued :(

cheidel

O.G.
Oct 2, 2009
I read posts in a Thread about the Planetes bag being discontinued. Since I was looking forward to new Fall colors, I sent an email to Longchamp CS to confirm this, and I received the email below:

"We will continue to sell Le Planetes handbags since we are expecting to receive additional units for the large black tote handbags, item #1899002001. It will require few seasons to completely sell these handbags and then the collection will be discontinued. For this reason, we will not be introducing new Fall 2014 colors."

We hope that this infomation is helpful to you. Please contact us with additional questions.

Thank you, again.

Respectfully,
Eva
E-Shopping Customer Service
Longchamp USA

I read posts in a Thread about the Planetes bag being discontinued. Since I was looking forward to new Fall colors, I sent an email to Longchamp CS to confirm this, and I received the email below:

"We will continue to sell Le Planetes handbags since we are expecting to receive additional units for the large black tote handbags, item #1899002001. It will require few seasons to completely sell these handbags and then the collection will be discontinued. For this reason, we will not be introducing new Fall 2014 colors."

We hope that this infomation is helpful to you. Please contact us with additional questions.

Thank you, again.

Respectfully,
Eva
E-Shopping Customer Service
Longchamp USA

Oh no! I was hoping that this was just a rumor. :sad:. Maybe the planetes will be replaced by the le Pliage neo tote that someone posted about earlier ( the material seems similar).

Now I regret returning my turquoise medium planetes to Bloomingdales earlier this month. It was MIF too! Oh well, it wasn't love. Hopefully I can get a plum or black sometime before they sell out.

Now I regret returning my turquoise medium planetes to Bloomingdales earlier this month. It was MIF too! Oh well, it wasn't love. Hopefully I can get a plum or black sometime before they sell out.
Oh no, but at least they will have it in black for a while. Since she didn't mention the turquoise, plum or orange, I guess when those colors are gone, that's the end. :sad:

Do you think the reason why it is being discontinued is because it is coated with PVC? I just learned PVC is really, really bad for you... I'm glad that I found this out before pulling the trigger b/c I was planning on buying a Planetes crossbody.

Any thoughts?