Longchamp help!

nordia5

<3
Apr 11, 2008
I'm going away for a week, and I wanted to buy a duffle bag type bag instead of an actual suitcase. I was looking at the Longchamp Pliage Travel tote but can't really grasp how big it is. Do you guys have it, and know if it'll be okay for a week long trip?

TIA!

bagaholic85

Sep 14, 2007
i <3 ny
i have the large with long handles, large with short handles, and the xl with short handles (btw, theyre all amazing for travel. ridiculously convienent). for a week long trip, def the xl, but if your like me (an over-packer) ur def gonna need more space. i would say you can comfortably fit a weeks worth of clothes in the xl, but a separate bag for toiletries/shoes/etc.

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Hi nordia, there is also an expandable version of the Le Pliage with a detachable shoulder strap that you may want to look at. Depending on where you are going and what type of clothes you need, it may be big enough to hold a week's worth of clothing.

ballet_russe

pointe de la mode
May 4, 2008
From my own experience, the bigger of the two long-handled "Shopping" bags is a bit too small for me for an overnight unless I pack really, really light.

I have the "type L" (the large duffle with short handles), and that it pretty huge and good for travel. I think it fits about as much as my standard roll-aboard carry-on. This is kind of random, but just to give you an idea of how much it fits, I could fit a standard-size pillow in it easily. It's definitely bigger than the long-handle "Shopping" bag. I have no experience with the Type XL duffle, but i'm sure it must be REALLY big.

ITA with hipnycmom on the one with the shoulder strap.