Longchamp backpack

Jun 5, 2007
I have been thinking of and desiring a backpack bag for the last few months and finally found one that suited me. I loved the shape and size and couldn't wait to see it in person. So went to London for a little day out with DH and stopped by the Longchamp store on Bond street, they had what I was after and after having a good look and trying on my stuff with it I decided it had to come home with me. So without further ado here's my lovely new backpack. R0026523.jpgR0026526.jpgR0026527.jpg I love the details, such as the pocket in the back. Plenty of room for my phone and purse if I desire. And the fact that the straps go through the bag and are secured at your back so can't easily be opened when the bag is on your back, if that makes sense. I love the leather and the stylishness of the bag. Has a lot of room inside too. Its a gorgeous bag , and I love it! R0026528.jpg

What a gorgeous new companion you have found! :hbeat: The leather wears like iron - my Foulonne has seen rain, snow, sun, and it shows no signs of suffering. I treat it to some leather oil abt once a year and that's enough.

Reactions: littleblackbag
What a gorgeous new companion you have found! :hbeat: The leather wears like iron - my Foulonne has seen rain, snow, sun, and it shows no signs of suffering. I treat it to some leather oil abt once a year and that's enough.
Thank you. And thanks for the endorsement of the leather. Would you share please what leather oil you use? XX

Reactions: Amazona
I have been thinking of and desiring a backpack bag for the last few months and finally found one that suited me. I loved the shape and size and couldn't wait to see it in person. So went to London for a little day out with DH and stopped by the Longchamp store on Bond street, they had what I was after and after having a good look and trying on my stuff with it I decided it had to come home with me. So without further ado here's my lovely new backpack. View attachment 3618619View attachment 3618620View attachment 3618621 I love the details, such as the pocket in the back. Plenty of room for my phone and purse if I desire. And the fact that the straps go through the bag and are secured at your back so can't easily be opened when the bag is on your back, if that makes sense. I love the leather and the stylishness of the bag. Has a lot of room inside too. Its a gorgeous bag , and I love it! View attachment 3618622
That's a gorgeous looking backpack. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy using it.:smile:

Thank you. And thanks for the endorsement of the leather. Would you share please what leather oil you use? XX
It's called Express, but I think it's only sold in Finland where I live. I clean and condition most of my bags, shoes and other leather items using saddle soap and tack oil. Express I came across on my friend's blog and it's a pretty similar product to Stubben leather care products, I think. Longchamp recommends using Saphir leather care, and I can vouch for the product; its' only downside is that it's so expensive if you buy it from Longchamp. I bought mine from Lumi and paid 50% less for a bottle twice the size compared to the one that has a LC logo on it.

It's called Express, but I think it's only sold in Finland where I live. I clean and condition most of my bags, shoes and other leather items using saddle soap and tack oil. Express I came across on my friend's blog and it's a pretty similar product to Stubben leather care products, I think. Longchamp recommends using Saphir leather care, and I can vouch for the product; its' only downside is that it's so expensive if you buy it from Longchamp. I bought mine from Lumi and paid 50% less for a bottle twice the size compared to the one that has a LC logo on it.
Thank you for the info, I shall look into it. I don't normally do anything to my bags, but maybe I should.

Thank you for the info, I shall look into it. I don't normally do anything to my bags, but maybe I should.
A little effort goes a long way! The beauty of high quality leather and especially with a robust finish like Foulonne is that you don't need to worry over it constantly. Cleanse, condition, and you're good to go for a long time. I regularly rotate my bags and usually I do the cleanse&care routine once a year.

A little effort goes a long way! The beauty of high quality leather and especially with a robust finish like Foulonne is that you don't need to worry over it constantly. Cleanse, condition, and you're good to go for a long time. I regularly rotate my bags and usually I do the cleanse&care routine once a year.
Yep I rotate quite a bit too. Might use one bag for 6 months and then use 2 0r 3 different ones for the next 6 months. I like to use my bags but also keep them in good condition as I couldn't afford to replace much of my collection, which has been gathered over nearly a decade. and the price has gone up horribly on some of them. So I look after what I have. I just don't condition them!

And the fact that the straps go through the bag and are secured at your back so can't easily be opened when the bag is on your back, if that makes sense.

I had to come back and look at your backpack again. I did not know that the opening tab at the front actually connects to the straps at the back. The Foulonne line is my favourite line and it wears beautifully. Thank you for sharing this lovely purchase with us. It surely rekindled my interest in this bag. I tried it on at the boutique some time ago but it felt a tad awkward then, perhaps because it was empty. I shall try it on again when I pop by to the boutique.

I had to come back and look at your backpack again. I did not know that the opening tab at the front actually connects to the straps at the back. The Foulonne line is my favourite line and it wears beautifully. Thank you for sharing this lovely purchase with us. It surely rekindled my interest in this bag. I tried it on at the boutique some time ago but it felt a tad awkward then, perhaps because it was empty. I shall try it on again when I pop by to the boutique.
Thank you so much. Yes try it again, I always ask if I can put my stuff in the bag so I can see how it feels with my things in it. I think you get a better idea then. And one of the main things I love about this backpack is the secureness of it. It can't be opened whilst on your back! I love how it looks carried by one strap on the shoulder too.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Thank you so much. Yes try it again, I always ask if I can put my stuff in the bag so I can see how it feels with my things in it. I think you get a better idea then. And one of the main things I love about this backpack is the secureness of it. It can't be opened whilst on your back! I love how it looks carried by one strap on the shoulder too.

On my recent vacation, I spotted this backpack in Cognac. The lady was wearing it on one strap too. It was so beautiful. I have the le pliage backpack and it truly is wonderful in terms of lightness and space. I agree with trying it on with our things inside, surely lends a better view in terms of functionality.