Longchamp and Jeremy Scott team up for a tire-print Le Pliage

Savvy.PurseBlog

PurseBlog Savvy
Jan 1, 2006

Jeremy Scott, the print-crazy British designer of Flintstones-themed clothing famed and Longchamp, the staid French luxury house famous for solid-color nylon tote, might seem like kind of an odd couple on the surface, but the Longchamp x Jeremy Scott Tire Print Le Pliage Tote just goes to prove the old cliché – opposites attract.

I stared at this bag for a few seconds before it hit me that I was looking at tromp l’oeil tire tracks, which has Jeremy Scott written all over it. His prints are thoroughly modern and often unconventional, but I’ve never seen one that I found too weird or too displeasing to love. He does a great job of bringing pop art to the fashion world, and his designs are often surprisingly useable.

As for the Longchamp portion of this design, I think we all know why the brand’s bags are popular. This one is waterproof for bad weather and its no-fuss lines perfectly display Scott’s large-scale pattern. The coupling of the two brands is counter-intuitive, but looking at the final product, it makes so much sense. Buy through Colette for $264.

View the original post on PurseBlog Savvy!

It's cute, but it took me awhile to realize what the pattern was--because the tire tracks had been so "cartoon-ized". I wish Mr. Scott hadn't added the white outline and had instead just screened the tracks onto the bag.

....or he could have placed a bag on the road and driven over it with his car :biggrin: (Just kidding! I would never do that to a bag! Never!)