Long wearing lipstick....advice

Yessss!!! And the NARS Velvet Matte Pencils are amazing! My current lip obsession is Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain...I've eaten an APPLE, SOUP, drank COFFEE and it does not budge! A little extra scrubbing at the end of the day but worth it [emoji57]

Absolutely agree, NARS matte lip pencils are the best. I have eaten an entire 2 hour meal, complete with drinks, taken a nap and still had most of the color on (only a little faded in the center). You don't even need a lip liner (though it does help). They also have two of the best "idiot proof" red shades out there - Dragon Girl and Cruella. I love red lips and NARS pencils are the most "fuss proof" way to go. I love Chanel lipsticks above all else but they don't have nearly the staying power of my NARS pencils. Only downside is they can be a bit drying.

I've also found that lipstick lasts longer if you take a tissue, take the "top layer" off (most tissue brands are 2 ply), put it over your lips and pat loose powder on a brush through the tissue. Since the tissue is so thin it will transfer some of the powder onto your lip and also gently blot at the same time. Works with all sticks but I especially prefer it with stains like Diorific Matte Fluid.

Anastasia's matte liquid lipstick & Kylie's liquid matte lipstick are my favorite for the long lasting formula. For dry and cracking lips try on Chanel's new matte liquid Rouge Allure Ink, it's formula not so drying. My favorite when my lips feeling so dry though.

All I am seeing are "Lipsense works great for me too, wanted to feed the addiction and get more colors - so became a distributor!" that's all fine and Dandy but it literally makes this awesome product look like a scam. I will tell you right now that i am not a distributor and have turned down the opportunity to be one! I have been doing my own personal research on this product because i see alot of this " i followed the directions and my lipstick is coming off." well no sweetie sorry you did not follow the directions. Because Honestly when i followed the directions there was literally nothing in my normal everyday regime that took this off! I even used pure alcohol to remove it! took the first 2 layers off and dried the crap out of my lips! OBVIOUSLY still colored (I had the oops remover but decided to try out youtube stuff first.) Oops remover is TOTALLY your friend! Alcohol burned liked a MOFO and didn't even remove it all! the Oops Did EVERYTHING it said it would! If you want more info please message me! some simple products work and some unsuspecting products will ruin your lips! Even Chapstick will ruin your lips! So will fabulips from ulta... I am still doing research and will let you know as it comes out.

I'm not really sure how people saying how they loved it so they joined make it sound like a scam?? Usually when people fall in love with a product they buy it, and more of it...so if you can get a discount on a product you love, why would it not a great idea?! People join tons of different DS companies because they love the product and want to share with others, does not mean they are all scamming everyone! My friend is a BeachBody Coach and loves it!!! I wanted to try new products, so I joined as a coach just for the discount! I don't think that's a scam....I think it's me saving money on great products!
You are correct, oops is not the only thing that will remove LipSense, but it is the easiest to remove it, and to fix any mistakes you might make! I've never been left with color on my lips after removing the LipSense, and I wear bright reds and lighter colors...everything comes completely off.
I've also started using the skincare, which is doing amazing things! And the bonus, I'm a distributor so I get it at a discounted price. It's just smart! I get great skin, lip color that lasts all day, and a discount. Where is the scam in that?!

I apologize. I didn't mean for my comment to come off badly. Especially at you. It's just that with all of the scams out there in regards to THIS product they pretty much all sound like that. Then you contact them or get suckered into buying their product "Focallure" and other brands etc...because they are using a stolen video and shoving it all around facebook and other places. I did not personally but i have seen all the videos of the girls that have and are disappointed because it doesn't work. I understand liking something, i truly do and that's why i joined Mary Kay (no longer a representative now) and i no longer use the products. lol but I did have a ton of the makeup lying around that i couldn't sell and they wouldn't take back. so being a distributor is a big nope for me now a days. My comment was meant as an unbiased statement that the stuff really does work when used correctly. It wasn't meant to insult you so i apologize for that.

That being said though, there are a lot of girls out there that think they cannot afford these products because lets be honest they are a little pricey for some people. So the point of my post was " Is it really worth it to skimp on a 20.00 lip gloss " I am doing my own research in regards to lipsense and SO FAR my honest response to this is NO it is not worth it. So far Lipsense has been an amazing product that seems to good to be true but Actually isn't. It truly does everything they say it does. But i'm still gonna do R&D on it. lol

Yeah, I use NARS matte lip pencil as a base, then I usually do a similar shade of YSL lipstick on top. Lasts forever. You gotta have a base so your color won't rub off easily.

I was the same way with most "long wear" lipsticks for the longest time. Howver, the Maybelline Matte Inks (Shades Loyalist & Heroine) and the L'Oreal Pro Matte Liquid Lipsticks (Shade Stirred) are AMAZING long-wear lipsticks. They are quite sticky in the beginning but after an hour or so, they're fine. I have eaten sandwiches, pasta, soups, etc. and they stay on no problem! I haven't tried every color in each line, but the ones I have used were amazing. I don't even take those lipsticks with me anymore when I leave the house because I know it will look exactly the same at the end of the day!