Long wearing lipstick....advice

NicolesCloset

sassy mama!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
I love lipstick. It's pretty much the only make up I wear. I have every kind and bought super expensive to super cheap. I've lined, glossed, stained, and chapsticked. You name it. Any lipstick I wear lasts 5 minutes or less. Is this the norm? I've bought long wearing .... but, no. Not on me. Am I doing something wrong? How many times do you touch up? Any suggestions, brands, or advice would be aporeciated :thumbup:

Do you always put on lip balm before applying your lipstick? If so, perhaps blot your lips a few times first? Or try a light application of lip primer instead?

Bloggers like Temptalia and Raeview tend to do quite thorough and honest reviews of products if you're looking for ideas.

Nars audacious is the longest lasting I've tried.

I know MAC makes a lipstick primer. I've never tried it, so I can't vouch for it myself. It may help you though.

Have you tried setting the lipstick with a translucent powder? I've been using Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder. Unlike many translucent powders, it doesn't give a chalky finish and it can be used on the rest of your face as well!

I love lipstick. It's pretty much the only make up I wear. I have every kind and bought super expensive to super cheap. I've lined, glossed, stained, and chapsticked. You name it. Any lipstick I wear lasts 5 minutes or less. Is this the norm? I've bought long wearing .... but, no. Not on me. Am I doing something wrong? How many times do you touch up? Any suggestions, brands, or advice would be aporeciated :thumbup:
Nars Larger than Life lip gloss works well for me but I think you have to order it online. It's not at Sephora now (other Nars products are tho). Another surprise long lasting lipstick with beautiful coverage is by BeautyCounter, a lippie I received in an organic sub box. It's the ONLY lipstick that has lasted through a meal with me. Blew me away. I think it's only online and it's expensive last I checked at $32. But, I'm seriously looking at purchasing it again. It looks creamy but stays on.

Nars Larger than Life lip gloss works well for me but I think you have to order it online. It's not at Sephora now (other Nars products are tho). Another surprise long lasting lipstick with beautiful coverage is by BeautyCounter, a lippie I received in an organic sub box. It's the ONLY lipstick that has lasted through a meal with me. Blew me away. I think it's only online and it's expensive last I checked at $32. But, I'm seriously looking at purchasing it again. It looks creamy but stays on.
Oh, just looked at their website and the lippie has come down to $28. Think I may have to buy another!

I wouldn't use balm underneath the lipstick if you want it to last. Matte colors (ones from MAC for example) last long on me even if they aren't marketed as such. But once I eat the color comes off as well

You could also try covering your lips in concealer before applying.

I have done this as well covered with foundation and it increases the staying power of my lipstick.
The lipstick brands that last on me are:
BITE Beauty
YSL
Dior
Giorgio Armani
MAC (Cream and matte)
NARS (lipstick and pencils)