Long shot, but help me ID this bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!
    I've been seeing this bag on this girl a few times now, and I never have the guts to ask her where she got it! Can anyone help me out? I know the picture quality is pretty shoddy, but its a convertible bag -- satchel with a longer single strap, in a grayish black leather. It looked a bit like a Bal at first glance, but after seeing the lack of hardware, I don't think it is.
    Can anyone help me?

[​IMG]

Thanks so much for looking!

2. I can't really tell, but to me it looks like a balenciaga.

3. Strap is wrong for Balenciaga, I think. Otherwise very similar to the City.

4. ^This is what I think, but I cannot find anything similar! Is it possible she switched the strap?

5. ^^ *Maybe*, but there are a couple of other things that make me think it's not Bal (longer handles, corners look too structured). Maybe it's an inspired bag?

6. I actually have a Diesel bag that looks really similar to that but with a shorter strap.. but when I got mine there were other styles that looked like that with a long strap.. fall 09 collection

7. Besso makes a motorcycle bag that looks a lot like a bal bag.

8. I'll check out Diesel and Besso.

Hogancollector, do you know where I can look for Besso online? I can't seem to find much on Google.

9. It is hard to tell. So where do you take the picture or you just find it on a website. If I were you are met the bag on a street (I meant if), I would go ahead and ask her where did she get the bag. Maybe it is not so polite, but as a handbag fan, I believe I will do such a thing. :lolots::lolots:

10. can't agree with you more. Girls are happy to hear compliments:biggrin:, tell her that you like it and you want to buy one, and she may tell you the answer.:yahoo:

11. ^^ Guess I'm just shy! I'm not one to approach strangers and compliment them, etc. :shame: Maybe if I see the bag again I'll ask her!

12. If you really want to know, I'd ask her. People are usually flattered. I had a guy tell me he liked my bag on the subway the other day and I was so happy to hear that! Ironically, he told me this while I was admiring another person's bag :biggrin:

13. Ask her! People (me included) are way too shy to ask, but really shouldn't be. I never get complimented on my bags, but someone recently admired my old pink Coach tote and it made my day!

14. hanana - what's the bag on your avatar? it's gorgeous